Strength training at home?

Hey guys! I've just started to eat more and hopefully I'll see some positive results from it sooner rather than later. Meanwhile I'd love to get started on strength training and lifting, but I won't have access to "heavy" weights for another two weeks or so. Are there any exercises I can do at home which will prove to be effective? I have 2x6.5lbs dumbbells but that's about it.

Also, how many times can I do the exercises? I know about 3 times a week is enough for lifting heavy but since this would be way more moderate, could I do it 4-5 times a week?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Hey guys! I've just started to eat more and hopefully I'll see some positive results from it sooner rather than later. Meanwhile I'd love to get started on strength training and lifting, but I won't have access to "heavy" weights for another two weeks or so. Are there any exercises I can do at home which will prove to be effective? I have 2x6.5lbs dumbbells but that's about it.

Also, how many times can I do the exercises? I know about 3 times a week is enough for lifting heavy but since this would be way more moderate, could I do it 4-5 times a week?

You could do it more frequently, make it more like circuit training.

http://www.exrx.net/WeightTraining/Instructions.html

When you look under the different workouts, you'll find list of exercises, in those are list of dumbbell or body weight versions of it.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    squats, lunges, pushups, sit ups, planks
  • I just have a set of 3 and 5 lb weights. If you have Pinterest, thy have tons of body weight circuits under the health and fitness tabs:)