*NEW TEAM DELPHINIUM (MarAprMay 2013 Brides :)

Options
lawyerette
lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
Delphiniums-

Good job on Week 1! I think we can definitely win the top spot during Week 2 IF we all report in on weight and challenge numbers. I've posted the revised list of our team members. Please reach out to one another to ensure everyone gets in on Sunday :)

No Bride left behind :)

Sarahsarahsarahk (Sarah)
jmarton1977 (Janice)
andonsmama (Kim)
lizeclare (Eliza)
Learning2Love (Liz)
votrvoman (Margarita)
emmaleevictoria17 (Emily)
yayjay (Mary-Jane)
lharpl (Lee)
leilaphoenix (Leila)
kenyabenya (Kenya)
nikkilou_hawley (Nicole)
Lawyerette (Elizabeth)
nickyeatrunread (Nicky)
Tinker1208 (Bridgette)
crazygirl1972 (Christy)
isabettak (Kim)
msroxanne07 (Roxanne)
nailtechbec
jkcrawford (Kate)
SmartFunGorgeous (Tonya)

Replies

• lharpul
    lharpul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello again, everyone!

How's the planning going? I was sick the past week - I hate this time of the year.

Excited about this challenge that's keeping me accountable. Also for fun, my fiance and I are having a first to lose 10 pounds takes the other out to a sushi dinner competition. So wish me luck! :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Planning is at a stand still for the moment. Next step is to book our hotel (aka reception) and order up the invites. Only problem is our wedding fund was depleted for bills. Soooooo I've been bugging FH every day about it, and he's going to ask a favor from his grandfather.

Hopefully all goes well and I can start working on invites in a week or so, need to send them out next month. Eek!!
  • lharpul
    lharpul Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This wedding stuff is so expensive!

To save money, I got invitations kits through Michael's that was fairly reasonable. http://www.gartnerstudios.com/ You print them yourself. Seems cheaper than the wedding divas or those companies that print for you. I also looked up that you can get them printed at kinkos or something for 10 cents a piece.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    This wedding stuff is so expensive!

Yes it is! I'm trying to cut costs any way I can :laugh:

How is your planning going?
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I totally feel you with the $$$! I'm just trying to figure out how to print invitations a friend designed for us and this one company wanted $500!!! JUST TO PRINT THEM!
  • lawyerette
    Options
    VistaPrint is great! You can get coupons and cashback through Ebates (www.ebates.com). I got my bridal shower invitations, our Thank You notes, and some postcards we're using as favors printed through them.

For Save-the-Dates and invitations, we went with MagnetStreet (watch for the coupons around holidays like July 4, Memorial Day, etc.)

For both companies, great quality and customer service and VERY CHEAP!

epobko.jpg
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    I did VistaPrint for my save the dates and was very pleased! I'm thinking of either getting special paper from Staples and printing myself or the DIY kits from Michaels for the invites.

Pretty cool tip if you want fancy lettering on your envelopes but don't have very good handwriting. Get the Avery clear labels from Staples or Office Max and mess around with Word until you find your font and BAM. Slap them puppies on your envelopes and it looks really nice! I was able to find 50% off coupons a while back for the labels.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

We must all be starting to work hard on our weddings! Not long to go now!!!

A few things we are doing to save money/put a personal touch on things
    - arriving by rickshaw rather than wedding car (!)
    - designed and printed our invitations ourselves
    - growing all of the flowers in my garden and making the buttonholes and bouquets and flowers for tables ourselves
    - made our own rings (with the help of a jeweler) rather than shop buying them (This was an amazing experience and I would recommend to anyone to do it)
    - handmaking the decorations (1000 paper cranes!) and the rest of the decor for the tables etc
    - having friends provide the music. We are lucky and my groom is a musician from a family of professionals so we have classical music throughout the ceremony and two bands playing the evening, all as 'gifts'
  • jkcrawford
    jkcrawford Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Hand made my save the dates and invitations. Got paper at the dollar store and was able to make 4 invitations out of each package. also bought my give away's at the dollar store, they are swans and I'm filling them with mints that you can get at the bulk store.Doing my own flowers and decorations. Bought candles at the dollar stores. The most I have spend is about $60 bucks at a party center for balloons and paper balls. No one will know how much I spent on stuff cause it will look amazing.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    Hello Delphiniums! Just wanted to check on you all and make sure you are ready for weigh in this Sunday!!! I've been out of town all this week, so I haven't had the opportunity to check my weight on the scale at the gym at home (which is my scale for weigh-in). I have ZERO idea if I've lost or gained. Honestly, it's a little nerve racking, but also a bit exciting. I've been dedicated in terms of diet and exercise, but I don't think I've lost as much as last week. How are the rest of you doing?? Nervous? Excited?

Oh- and how's the challenge going?? Looks like I managed full points for M-Th. I was short on sleep Sunday night and only got in 3 sets of abs. Also not sure about the exercise thing with the fiance this weekend. Hoping to post some good totals for you guys on Sunday :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    I'm feeling really good about sunday's weigh-in. I may not be in top 20 yet, but I should still be able to post a decent loss for our group.
  • lawyerette
    Options
    I am super nervous. I haven't been able to sneak a cheat weigh in this week because I was on travel for business so I have NO idea what I'm going to weigh. That and I made today my rest day AND ate 3/4 cup pasta and a slice of bread. Yikes. Gotta run my tail off tomorrow ;-/
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    I hope I can stay in the top 20 this week but I doubt it!
  • nickyeatrunread
    Options
    I'm sorry ladies! I'm actually up a pound today! I'm down 3" since last week so I'm trying to focus on that (product of my weight lifting), but I still feel like I've let you down!
  • crazygirl1972
    Options
    ya know sometimes I have lost just in
    inches and not pounds and I was very happy
    about it so dont worry about it celebrate it!
    it will be okay:):):)
  • Votrvoman
    Votrvoman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Excited about my weigh in! Tracking every day has been miraculous, even if I'm not meeting my goals every single day, I'm still so much more cognizant of my eating that I'm losing weight! Thanks everyone for the team work and the support!
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Options
    No worries Nicky! The way you look & feel is more important than what the scale says. Good job and keep it up!
  • Votrvoman
    Votrvoman Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Like everyone's said...there are a thousand measures of your progress. When I started weight training, I definitely gained weight, but my body looked and felt so much better. It's worth it! Enjoy those 3 inches!
  • nickyeatrunread
    Options
    Thanks ladies! I switched my calories from slightly active to sedentary to change a little for the coming week, but other than that, I'm just going to keep on keeping on!
  • Tinker1208
    Options
    congrats on first place this week ladies!!! Lets do it again next week!!! and @nickyeatrunre - sometimes its better to not lose or gain a little but have lost in inches!! that means your building muscle!! Great job!