a apple a day

Options
I have found out that to get you on track is to eat a apple after every meal for a few days and you will release a lot of gas in your stomach with burping. After a few days you can cut back on the apples and you learn to feel the bloating, gasy feeling to trigger you to eat a apple to relieve you. Or if your an apple cider fan this will work too. This is coming from a person who is on meds for gerd and has made a few trips to the ER for this problem. I have learned to control it mostly by myself

Replies

• bluskies01
    bluskies01 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not technically diagnosed with GERD (no health insurance), but a doctor suggested this may be the cause of my nausea. I've been following a GERD diet for 2 weeks, eating mostly bland things. I ate an apple a few days ago and it made my throat burn, so I assumed I shouldn't eat them anymore?
  • Jayne19099
    Jayne19099 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just had to doctor tell me today that I probably have GERD. I ate an apple about six months ago and threw it up. I tried again and it made me sick. For me apples are a "no-go" food, along with raw veggies, chocolate, alcohol, and coffee. Honestly, I'm ok not eating these foods if it means my stomach feels better.