New and frustrated

Options
Lshona
Lshona Posts: 393 Member
:frown: :cry: I have lost 34 lbs on MFP, but I've been losing the same 1-2lbs for weeks. So, I researched eat more to weigh less. When I looked over my dairy I noticed my NET calories were way under my BMR. I know that a gain on the scale is expected, but I really am having a hard time with my weigh in today. Its only been a week, but I've gained 2.6lbs. :( I'm just so frustrated. I've worked so hard to lose weight, this is the one time in months I just want to cry!!!
Hopefully I'm calculating correctly. Here are my stats:
Weight:207
Height: 5'6''
I work overnight as a nurse. I excersie 5-6 times a week. I have tried to cut down on my burns, because I dont want to eat so much. My exercise consists of walking, jogging on the treadmill, & Nike training Club.
Thanks!

Replies

• dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Like you I am scared but for its worth the try. I also had lost 30lbs before coming to MFP, but in the last year not much to show for it...up and down 2 lbs...So I figured if less calories was no longer working for me then maybe EM2WL will help me. I have gained also, really don't like seeing that but they did say it was to be expected and when my body was ok with the food it was getting I would start losing again...I did eat for 2.5 years of eating low calories below my BMR so it might take longer to fix I really messed up my metabolism...I am crossing my fingers and hope to start loosing. I have been doing this for a month now and gained about 3 pounds...good luck ....take care:flowerforyou:
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    :frown: :cry: I have lost 34 lbs on MFP, but I've been losing the same 1-2lbs for weeks. So, I researched eat more to weigh less. When I looked over my dairy I noticed my NET calories were way under my BMR. I know that a gain on the scale is expected, but I really am having a hard time with my weigh in today. Its only been a week, but I've gained 2.6lbs. :( I'm just so frustrated. I've worked so hard to lose weight, this is the one time in months I just want to cry!!!
    Hopefully I'm calculating correctly. Here are my stats:
    Weight:207
    Height: 5'6''
    I work overnight as a nurse. I excersie 5-6 times a week. I have tried to cut down on my burns, because I dont want to eat so much. My exercise consists of walking, jogging on the treadmill, & Nike training Club.
    Thanks!

So 2.6 lbs of fat means 9100 calories. 3500/lb.

9100 / 7 days = 1300 daily.

So you've been eating 1300 calories more than even maintenance for a whole week? So your TDEE 1600 to 1800 plus another 1300? Eating over 3000 calories daily?

Or did you just gain water weight? Which you would have regained at some time? Which was the same initial big loss when you first started dieting?
  • aplhabetacheesecake
    aplhabetacheesecake Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    im new too! chronic weight watchers lose 20 gain 30 person! Low calorie works for me until I hit that 20lb marker, its at that point that WW points go to like 26 per day and altho I have the 49 weeklies it doesnt seemt o be enough food for me and i end up binging and sabotaging the entire process.

I am an athlete, yes an obese one at the moment, but i think that part of the low calorie thing that doesnt work for me. I run hardcore and lift weights and do laods of group cardio, I have an epic calorie burn each day and I need to fuel that!!

This is 3-4 weeks in on EM2LW and I have held the same weight, up 2 this morning but AF is here..hello bloat!
  • elaine_des
    elaine_des Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I am also new to this, I use to eat 1200-1400 cal per day and have been gaining and losing the same 5 lbs for the last year. I have lost 30lbs in total but can't get any lower. So now I am up to +/- 1900 cal per day, I train 3-4x/week (cardio and lifting) I did gain 2 lbs so far but I don't feel any different in my clothes, I have more energy and I am not feeling tired all day like I used to. So for those reason I am ditching the scale and i started measuring instead. I am not saying that I will not ever weigh myself but I am trying not to let it affect me.
    I am 33, 5'7", 151 lbs, TDEE is 2645, eating a deficit of 750 cal per day. I really think this will work in the long run and we just need to give it some time. It takes time for the body to realize that yes I am feeding you now and I am not going to starve you again. Patience.
  • Lshona
    Options
    So 2.6 lbs of fat means 9100 calories. 3500/lb.

9100 / 7 days = 1300 daily.

So you've been eating 1300 calories more than even maintenance for a whole week? So your TDEE 1600 to 1800 plus another 1300? Eating over 3000 calories daily?

Or did you just gain water weight? Which you would have regained at some time? Which was the same initial big loss when you first started dieting?
    [/quote]

I used the Scooby calculator.
    BMR= 1672
    TDEE= 2591
    15% CUT: 2203

So, I should be eating 2203 caloies a day?
  • dianefisher47
    dianefisher47 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    2203 is what you should eat as per scooby:drinker:
  • Lshona
    Options
    Thanks dianefisher47! I'm going to stick with it.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Thanks dianefisher47! I'm going to stick with it.

Yes, I was just trying to point out the facts that it wasn't fat you gained, but water weight. So don't stress over it.
  • Lshona
    Options
    Thanks heybales! I won't stress.