What are you doing for your exercise?

Options
Okay, I want this board to be a success--I need some support! Therefore, if I don't see many new posts, I'll start making some up to get us talking!

My plan for exercise is walking on the treadmill at a crazy early hour of the morning (before others are up). Too cold to walk outside, and I'd literally have to drive somewhere to do it anyways. When my youngest starts K in the fall, I will be driving her to school (she's too tiny for a bus IMO) and plan to walk on the campus there some. I'm hoping down the road to pull out some of my Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pound DVDs, but the motivation hasn't been there yet, so treadmill it will be.

Also, lets get to know each other by first name too, so sign your post.

Mary

Replies

• deets1230
    deets1230 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi Mary,

I would also like to see us all succeed in 2013. I am doing kettlebells every other day. I haven't done it seriously in over a year, so I am easing my way back into it.

I like treadmill only in warm weather, mine is in my cold garage. Also, in the past for some odd reason no matter how much I walked on the treadmill. I never lost weight from it, I just had larger calf muscles.

2 years ago when I was doing the kettlebell regularly, only 20 minutes 3x a week, I felt so strong, had better posture and after doing it for like a month the pounds started to just melt. I went from a size 16 to a size 12 in 2 months. Unfortunately- cold winter weather came along and "Knocked me Out "(I have health issues that flare up in cold weather) .

I have now only been doing the kettlebells for 2 weeks and only 10 minutes 3x per week and I already am getting a little spring in my step. With this exercise and with alot of strength training I know that the results don't always show up on the scale, it shows more in the measurements.

Dee
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I am working on running....I have had some mild weather here in New Brunswick the last week and it got me motivated to run outside! I am back in action and going full speed ahead to keeping my weight off and losing that Christmas gain!

Jill
  • schooby2
    schooby2 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am walking on the treadmill and have started Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred. I have lifted a few weights, but right now trying to establish a routine again.

Pam
  • shandybrown
    Options
    I am working out at Curves 3 days a week , doing Yoga Fitness Fusion three days a week and bellydancing a little each day just for fun. I also walk at our local state park when the weather cooperates.

Shandy
  • Willie1274
    Options
    I do a combo as my schedule changes regularly and I have a family to keep a priority.
    Goals
    - Cardio 3-4 days a week (before family wakes up or over lunch)
    - Strength training 3-4 days a week (full body, split workouts, crossfit at home Bob Harper DVDs

Willie.
  • shannonkelly1968
    shannonkelly1968 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    Right now I try to do the treadmill 5 days a week for 30-45 mins. I also love my Jackie Warner DVD's!!!

Shannon
  • mpryor93
    mpryor93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Monica I am a mother of 5 kids. When it is cold outside or I can't get to the gym we have 3 wii games that I do with my kids wii Dance Dance, Just Dance or Dance Disney. I don't get as good of work out as the gym but I am having fun with my kids.
  • LMVassolo
    LMVassolo Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Fitting in enough exercise is the biggest problem for me! i have an elliptical trainer at home that i try to use at least weekly but I get bored with it easily. I also have bad knees (arthritis ) so that limits me from running, walking any long distances and most aerobic classes. I try to get to the YMCA for the water classes which i like but not seeing big results.
  • LMVassolo
    Options
    how do you log the jillian michaels dvd into MFPal? I just started it but not sure how to count it into my exercercise log.
  • LMVassolo
    Options
    I am walking on the treadmill and have started Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred. I have lifted a few weights, but right now trying to establish a routine again.

Pam
  • Callmommy
    Options
    I had that problem with another dvd ~ my daughter who's a MFP pro said to add it under circuit training because of the type of workout it is and then just adjust your minutes. Another option is to create an exercise and add the amount of calories burned (you could do this if you use a heart rate monitor that calculates them).
  • Callmommy
    Options
    Hi Mary, One thing I wish is that they had a way for you to access your groups on the phone app because I seem to use that the most. I've been walkiing outside for about 30-45 minutes at 3.5 mostly but just picked up a free treadmil which I can jump on anytime which is great :) We also have a bunch of Beach Body dvd's and Golds Gym DVD's that I try to use. I am fairly inconsistent but really trying to find "that" thing to motivate me. I've got about 20 lbs I would love to say goodbye to!! I would love to add some friends too for more motivation!

Shelley
  • jwergland
    jwergland Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Okay, I've only been back "on plan" for 5 days, but I do a variety of exercises as I get bored easily. I do DVDs at home....Jillian Michaels is a favorite, I have several of hers. (I have to build up to those, though, because I'm so unfit & she knocks me out so much that it's hard to excercise for a day or two afterward!)

I just started doing Core Fusion 30 Day Sculpt & really like it. It's contains 30 daily workouts, each one different, so you just go in order & don't get bored...plus it's only 20 minutes so I can fit it in even on busy days. I feel it afterward, without being overly sore, and it has aspects of both cardio and strength.

I love to hike and snowshoe, but it's icy lately (I live in New England) so I haven't done much of either.

I too will do Wii Just Dance with my kids, & that's actually not a bad workout. It's fun for both me and the kids, and we're all getting a workout without feeling like it's work.

Have a small elliptical at home (no handles, tucks away behind the couch, I love it), and this gives me a decent workout if I use hand weights or do arm movements while on it.

My trying-to-be realistic goal is 30min/day, which lately has been a 20min DVD plus 15min on the elliptical.

I want to get fit enough to do some of the harder workouts that some of you have mentioned.
  • Agkerrick
    Agkerrick Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Sadly, I am still struggling to find the right fit for me and exercise. I tried the Couch to 5K, but I have a bad knee and that turned very painful. I do walk with my son each day after school, but it is not at a sweat causing pace. I also park far away from the school so we have to walk quite a distance each monring. I wear a pedometer and try to get at least 7,000 steps on it daily.
    I getting ready to buy an exercise ball to use at work, in place of my office chair. We will see how that goes.

Can't wait to make mor friends on here. Feel free to add me!

Angie
  • adiamond100
    adiamond100 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    My exercise right now is training for my first ever 10k. Last year I trained for a 5k so I wanted to up it a little this year. I am also doing a 5k Foam Fest Mud Run. It is an obstacle course. Looks exciting. I am also doing Turbo Fire. I had started it before but got sick for about a month straight with upper respitory issues but I am back at it and into my 3rd week. I just ordered Brazilian Butt lift so we will see how that goes. :)
  • mellymo29
    mellymo29 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I walk 30-60 minutes in the morning and do JillianMBR in the afternoons. I have been exercising and dieting 40 days and lost 6 pounds, or went from size 18 pants to 16. I have downloaded a lot of different videos to work out to, and my favorites are Jillian and Davina.