Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wedding Invitations!

Hey ladies!

What are you doing for your invitations?! We had a friend design them for us since I wanted a Madlib for our RSVP and now I can't figure out who to have print them! Any suggestions? :)

Here's a draft of our RSVP

2rco1ub.png

Replies

• Fit_Is_Fabulous
    Fit_Is_Fabulous Posts: 30 Member
    Still undecided what I'm doing.

I'm going to try and DIY these: http://acrosthec.weebly.com/labor-of-love.html

If that doesn't work, then I'm going to order these: http://www.exclusivelyweddings.com/Weddings/Wedding-Invitations/Wedding-Invitation/Pocket/Stylish-Duet-Wedding-Invitation
  • nickyeatrunread
    nickyeatrunread Posts: 173 Member
    Those are both beautiful! I might have to use the envelope template from that first one to do our envelopes!!! So pretty!
  • lawyerette
    lawyerette Posts: 301 Member
    I LOVE OUR INVITATIONS!!!!!!!

epobko.jpg

They are perfect for a destination wedding because they look like old-fashioned airplane tickets :)

I went with MagnetStreet for both our Save-the-Dates and our invitations. Got a great deal on July 4th weekend, although they tend to have great sales around any holiday (up to 50% off and free shipping). https://www.magnetstreet.com/love-airways-flat-tea-length-wedding-invitations
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    These are our invites: zsl8gg.png

We ordered from Vistaprint because no one ever saves an invtitation from a wedding so I didn't want to waste the money on expensive ones. I had a LivingSocial coupon so I paid $7 for shipping and then $10 for the coupon ($50 value) for 50 of them. Also ordered the reply cards and save the dates in the same print.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Elizabeth - I totally love your invites!

Nicky - I love the mad-lib response cards! Have you thought about buying specialty paper/cardstock from Staples and either having them print them up or print them yourselves? They should carry practically any color you would want.
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    543395_946844259722_1250137486_n.jpg
  • leilaphoenix
    leilaphoenix Posts: 839 Member
    Sorry the photo is a bit big. You can view the whole thing but left clicking and viewing image.

This is the front of our invites. We designed and printed them ourselves.
  • nickyeatrunread
    Yeah, I think when it comes down to it, I might very well end up at staples! I love Vistaprint and did our Save the Dates there and want to get Thank you postcards as well, but they aren't an option for the Invites, since I want to use off-white paper! Oops!~

You all have such lovely invitations!!! Can't believe it's almost time to send them out!!!
  • lawyerette
    Mailed mine yesterday :)
  • http://www.etsy.com/listing/112033455/adorable-kraft-wedding-invitations?ref=usr_faveitems

These are what we are doing for invites. I saw ones very similar to them on pinterest and found them on etsy! I absolutely love these! We might tie a little lace around them too!

the madlib is cute! and also the old fashioned plane ticket!!
  • PlumCrazyGirl
    PlumCrazyGirl Posts: 1,463 Member
    Got my invitations on clearance at Michaels' craft store.

Previously, I was going to make my own via Microsoft Publisher and use Staples to print.

Yet, when I saw a package of 40 invitations/RSVP cards at $9.98 -- it was a deal I could not refuse.

Even though, we are inviting 40 people - I purchased 2 boxes just in case.
    Thinking any leftover invitations could be used for directions to church/reception or thank you cards.
  • jesyka
    jesyka Posts: 141 Member
    These are the sample of my Invitations. I bought DIY kits through wilton that were pocket fold and will be doing them up myself :)

5fit1t.jpg
  • nickyeatrunread
    Pretty, Jeskya!

I ended up ordering ours from GotPrint and can't wait to see them in person! My goal this weekend is to print out the envelopes on the printer--I made a cute template for them!
  • nickyeatrunread
    Got our first RSVP back! I'm so excited!

I'm really happy I went with the mad lib idea and also asked for song recommendations--it's going to be fun to see what everyone else fills out! :)
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Got our first RSVP back! I'm so excited!

I'm really happy I went with the mad lib idea and also asked for song recommendations--it's going to be fun to see what everyone else fills out! :)

I did the same with my RSVP!! It's about half mad-lib style, half song request.

I'll have to take a picture of my invites later and upload it =) They went out in the mail this week, I can't wait for my rsvp's to start coming in!
  • lawyerette
    Did everyone do response cards? We're doing our RSVPs electronically through the wedding website. ~E
  • Tandksmommy11
    Tandksmommy11 Posts: 399 Member
    Did everyone do response cards? We're doing our RSVPs electronically through the wedding website. ~E

We did because I think many of the people we invited don't use a computer. Fiance's family is behind the times. LOL.
  • nickyeatrunread

I went with the paper RSVPs because I just fell in love with my madlib idea and thought they'd be a fun keepsake after the wedding. Plus, like tandksmommy, I don't think a majority of my family would've done well with the computer stuff!
  • Learning2LoveMe

I thought about going electronic, I can only think of one person who would have needed help with it. But in the end I wanted to stick the responses we get back in our wedding album, or maybe a separate wedding scrapbook with a copy of our invites of course.
  • bbtano
    bbtano Posts: 42
    I love all of the ones you guys have posted. It's fun to see so many different and creative invitations! We bought some 50% off at Hobby Lobby, but haven't decided what to print on them yet.

How many months before the wedding should they be mailed out? Two?

Thanks!