BMF and MFP sync problems

Options
Have any of you noticed that that BMF site sometimes forgets to go and pull updated info from the MFP site? Mine was working all day today and I started entering my intake via that MFP site one item at a time. The MBF seems to have only taken about half of the calories from dinner and imported them but left off about 200 calories. I've tried unlinking but that didn't help.

** Never mind... I'm a idiot. My calorie intake was a little less then my calorie deficit and I was looking at the wrong number. Stupid small lettering.

Replies

• zlauerMom
    zlauerMom Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    :happy: I'm glad you figured it out.

Did you change your meal names here to reflect the ones on BodyMedia? (Breakfast, AM Snack, Lunch, PM Snack, Dinner, Late Snack) I noticed one day BM attributed a meal to the wrong category. I didn't worry about it since everything was accounted for. I ate it. When I ate it doesn't seem that important. But I wondered whether I should change the names here or not.
  • mbgambill
    mbgambill Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    When I push the button on my BMF and it bluetooths to my phone, i get updated information. But what does it mean when I push the arrow button in the top right hand corner and it says it is syncing. Then when I connect to my computer, it also syncs. What and when should I be doing all of this? It is also not recording my sleep. It will sometimes and sometimes it won't. I guess I just need some tech help.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I've not got the Bluetooth one but I should imagine it doesn't matter what and when you sync. The info is stored on the BMF so will just keep giving out its data. Not sure about sleeping bit though.
  • katevarner
    katevarner Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    When I push the button on my BMF and it bluetooths to my phone, i get updated information. But what does it mean when I push the arrow button in the top right hand corner and it says it is syncing. Then when I connect to my computer, it also syncs. What and when should I be doing all of this? It is also not recording my sleep. It will sometimes and sometimes it won't. I guess I just need some tech help.
    I move around a lot when I sleep, and if I wear the armband on my arm, I get huge gaps when it wasn't connected to my body, so I wear it on my calf at night and it stays connected much better. Not getting any exercise then, so figure it doesn't matter that it's not on my arm. Got the idea form a Facebook friend.
  • mijohnst
    Options
    I wish I could help you mbgambill. I have a Samsung S3 and the support at BM told me that it's not a supported device. So even though bought the bluetooth model, I can't use it. I've been having to plug it in at night to download and charge. It seems to be picking everything up though. I guess I don't move around as much as katevarner because my sleep seems solid.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help you mbgambill. I have a Samsung S3 and the support at BM told me that it's not a supported device. So even though bought the bluetooth model, I can't use it. I've been having to plug it in at night to download and charge. It seems to be picking everything up though. I guess I don't move around as much as katevarner because my sleep seems solid.

Are you not better off having the Core then which is smaller.
  • t_elliot
    t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I am now having similar problems. Never have a problem syncing with Bluetooth but when I plug into the computer I notice I am not getting everything updated. Especially the sleep. I sync to the computer first thing every morning and after dinner. Always recorded everything within minutes until I switch PC's. My new one has windows 8 and that is where my issues began. I am going to wait it out a bit as it does eventually catch up the data. Maybe let tech support know. Keep me updated!!
  • pitterpatti
    pitterpatti Posts: 33 Member
    Options

I have a S3 too, and I don't have a problem connecting my BMF with my phone. I use it all the time for workouts and checking my stats on the fly. I've had to re-pair it a few times, but it works well most of the time. I used to have an HTC EVO and could never use the BT feature, so I love the fact that I can now.

As for syncing, the BT feature is not for downloading all of your information. It is to get an up to the minute look at your progress throughout the day. You still have to plug in to get all of your info synced with the website and charge your armband, at least from my understanding with customer service.
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I have the BMF Link armband. When I select the up arrow in the top right corner of the screen (iPhone version), it transfers/syncs the data on my phone to the BMT server. It does "fail" periodically, but works great most of the time.

I think that the link between BMF and MFP is not always real-time. They may have a queuing system, or a push/pull API that updates on a schedule of every few minutes. The delay isn't long, but the services that pass the data through the API can stop, in which case someone has to restart them, so it should catch up eventually.
  • pitterpatti
    pitterpatti Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the BMF Link armband. When I select the up arrow in the top right corner of the screen (iPhone version), it transfers/syncs the data on my phone to the BMT server. It does "fail" periodically, but works great most of the time.

Yeah for some reason the Android version does not have that feature. It only pulls the data in but does not upload to the website. Hopefully this will be fixed in the future to be updated like the iPhone version.
  • dmw45
    dmw45 Posts: 73
    Options
    I've had mine for a day and a half now! Its really awesome to see real time numbers. I really feel like that could make me successful. I hope so anyway. I've tried and failed at so many other attempts but i love gadgets and numbers so this might just be the thing.

I have an android phone and an android tablet and basically have to re-pair the device to get it to send the info, but it does and that's a minor nuisance. However I only get sleep info when I plug it in, so I'm making a point to do that. Also I dont get the cute graphs and things on the android app so its worth doing!