What exercises do you do?

Options
spamantha57
spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
I started Insanity a little over a week ago, & I like it even though it's hard as hell. I feel like I should be doing more though. Like maybe another half hour a day or something of lighter exercise. Right now I'm out in the boonies on a hill in the snow in Oregon so it's not like I can go out to do anything, I just work out in the room I'm staying in. I want to do more so I'm wondering what you guys are doing or ideas to share. :)

Replies

• aprilmonkey
    Options
    I've been doing the elliptical for about half an hour because it doesn't hurt my ankles...

besides that I hike and do the pilates and yoga with school.

I also have a five pound hula hoop I try to do every day for at least 5 minutes. :)
  • mhixxie
    mhixxie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I jump rope. I read that it's good for the whole body. I don't jog because I can't even jog close to 5 mins without almost fainting. But the jump rope helps a lot. I can jog 500 in the morning and 500 in the evening. And people say it affects the whole body and I have a big tummy that's why I use it.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    ^ You just reminded me that I got a jump rope about a year ago & I don't think I've used it yet lol. Maybe I'll try & find it tomorrow & do it for the Daily Challenge. :smile:
  • mhixxie
    mhixxie Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you'll like it. It's actually beta than jogging for me. Haha
  • Flood73
    Options
    I just started the 30 Shred yesterday. I also run or elliptical for 30-45 minutes each day. I added weights a couple weeks ago, but I'm not seeing the results I would like. It's been almost 24 hours since day 1 of the shred and my definitely body feels like I worked it, but nothing is too sore to do it again today.

Good luck, you guys!
  • rebeccadavis88
    Options
    I do Circuit training 3 times a week and try to do a gym session twice a week (30 mins HIT cardio and 30 mins strength training). I am no expert, but am hoping this routine will increase my fitness, muscle tone and burn some wobbly fat!

If you are at home I would also really recommend JM's 30 day shred. I had great results last year doing this - and am considering starting it for a second time next week :wink: I lost over 3.5 inches around my waist when I did it :noway: I used to get up at 6am to fit it into my day, its only 25 mins in total per session in total but I have to be super focused to fit it in!

You can buy the DVD on Amazon (it was only a fiver in UK money!) or I am sure that some posters have said its now uploaded on YouTube so you can access it for free :smile:

Becky