tips for doing c25k with kids

Options
I have a 4 year old and a 3.5 month old. I'm going to push my little one in the stroller but what can I do with my 4 year old while doing this? I know she won't be able to keep up with me and I work at night so I can't do this when my fiance gets home from work. All tips and suggestions are welcomed. Also could use some friends, so feel free to add me.

Replies

• LeonnieH
    LeonnieH Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Does your 4 year old go to nursery, a playgroup or school? You could run when she's in the care of someone else or otherwise see if a friend or relative can babysit for you, it's only about half an hour of running so not a very long time. Another solution may be to put her on a bike (if she knows how to ride one) and find a run location that is away from traffic, like maybe around a park or something. Otherwise do you have a treadmill, she could be playing whilst you do the c25k programme indoors.
  • Morgie87
    Options
    Thank you!! I will have her try riding her bike. Right now she is home all day with me, but starts school this upcoming school year.
  • KathleenKP
    KathleenKP Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    My kids ride their bikes, but they are older than yours. Maybe you can find some flat areas like unused parking lots where she can ride her bike in circles and stay relatively close to you. Those little tires may make it harder for her to be right next to you.