I just stopped a binge !!

Options
MadDogManor
MadDogManor Posts: 1,447 Member
Wow - first time ever I've been able to put the brakes on a binge!

The chips and queso were calling, and I was hungry after work, and before I knew it, BAM, the binge was on. But then I thought, WAIT, I have to log this food. No more ignoring it like I have forever. So, after seeing the 1000 calories from 15 minutes of eating, I planned out a small dinner of leftovers that I actually measured out. Now I'm nowhere near the kitchen! Seeing the calories pile on from that one batch of food really scares me - what were the calories I ingested when I did nothing but eat and graze all day long?

Now, I am just recovering from the nasty flu, where I haven't eaten but 1000 calories the last 3 days, but that's no excuse for bingeing.

This site is already helping me change my relationship with food! Thanks for all the topics and postings that I've read so far, everything has been very inspirational!

Replies

• rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Such a victory! So glad you feel proud of it! Well you should! Congratulations!
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Being proud of yourself is the best way to stay motivated!

I'm happy for you for being stronger than the binge. :)
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Way to go! This is one reason I intend to use MFP long after I hit goal weight. I will log it, and my diary is public.