Hunger pangs different on Primal?

Options
hilliardjoe
hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
I started eating Primal on Jan 1 and since then I have noticed that my hunger pangs are different.

Before switching to Primal I would get hungry every 2-3 hours and the hunger was the kind that seemed to be deep in my belly and screaming to be fed RIGHT NOW. I got to feeling that I would pass out if I didn't eat something at those times.

Now that I am eating Primal my hunger pangs seem to be more of a gentle reminder that I should eat something in the near future.

What is weird is that today I was on MDA and reading his articles about fasting and realized it was lunch time and I wasn't hungry. So I decided not to eat lunch. I mean why eat if you aren't hungry? I don't think that would even be possible for me pre-Primal.

I am just amazed how different I feel in the small time I have been eating this way.

Replies

• breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean, it has to do with the fact your blood sugar isn't spiking and dropping all the time like it was when you were eating grains and sugar. I've always been sensitive to my blood sugar levels, and I don't have to worry about that frantic I HAVE TO EAT.. NOW! feeling anymore! It sure is nice!
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this in a week! I can tell I'm hungry sometimes but it's never a hunger that sends me craving something that I need right then and there. Good description on it being a gentle reminder.

:)
  • GnaBean
    GnaBean Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Before going Primal, hunger would affect my entire body. I'd get weak or irritable, get headaches or feel foggy, and don't get me started on the hunger pains in my belly! But now that I'm Primal, I'm ONLY hungry in my stomach. And it's just an empty feeling, not necessarily an uncomfortable feeling. I've tried to explain this to SAD friends, but they don't understand.
  • Howbouto
    Howbouto Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Yes, my hunger is different. It is no longer urgent and I can go longer without eating. It's more natural.

And on a side note, HilliardJoe, I stalked your profile to see if it was Hilliard Ohio. And it is!! Waving to you neighbor!! If you haven't found it yet, there is a gem in the neighborhood. Mosely's Meat Market (corner of Roberts and Rome-Hilliard) is a local butcher, great prices and all the beef is grass fed.
  • hilliardjoe
    Options
    I live near Darby HS, I can see it from my house.

Thanks for the tip on the butcher. I will try to check it out this weekend.

I used to live down behind Meijer so I am very familiar with that intersection. Which corner is it on? Big Lots (SE), Kroger (SW), SportCuts(NE) or Chef's House (NW)? Not even sure if that restaurant is called Chef's House anymore.
  • Howbouto
    Options
    It's across the street from the chef's house and across the street from the cane's. There is a jewelry repair, drive thru, tanning place in the strip mall. I believe it is the northeast side of the intersection.

Here's the website.

http://www.mosleysmeatmarket.com/
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say they are different, less frequent, I can't remember the last time Ihad hunger pangs....now that I think about it
  • hilliardjoe
    Options
    It's across the street from the chef's house and across the street from the cane's. There is a jewelry repair, drive thru, tanning place in the strip mall. I believe it is the northeast side of the intersection.

Here's the website.

Thanks.

I love that the website has a page about "Meat Boxes".

We've been getting our meat from Giant Eagle (Cosgray and Hayden Run) and are not always satisfied with it.

I'm looking forward to heading to Mosley's this weekend.
  • Howbouto
    Options

Here's the website.

Thanks.

I love that the website has a page about "Meat Boxes".

We've been getting our meat from Giant Eagle (Cosgray and Hayden Run) and are not always satisfied with it.

I'm looking forward to heading to Mosley's this weekend.

We do the 5 for $50.00 meat box. Usually add a whole chicken to it. It's enough meat to last 2 paleo (my hubby and I) peeps a week and half to 2 weeks. My husband can tell you if it's grocery store beef or Mosely's by taste.
  • bglisson
    bglisson Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This is one of the best reasons I choose to eat this way! Amazing what a little sugar/flour can do your brain, huh?
  • ahviendha
    ahviendha Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh yes. as a hypoglycemic i had long given in to the fact hunger would rule my life, my emotions and structure of my days.

i am shocked how i am able to control my hunger now, even run errands for an hour or two when hungry and keep laughing with my boyfriend whereas a year prior, i would have bitten his head off and eaten it out of hunger. then i would have yelled at him for not being a properly seasoned snack.
  • Tara4boys
    Tara4boys Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I'm only into Primal 1 month and this is the most noticeable difference. I LOVE IT!!! I'm not a slave to food anymore!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    It's definitely different. I tend to not realize I'm hungry now until my blood sugar starts to drop and I get a headache!