Late night dinner ideas

Options
Hi everyone! So I work evenings and don't get home from work till 10pm, sometimes 10:30pm. What are some recepie ideas that I can enjoy at night after work that won't sabotage my efforts during the day to eat healthy and stick with my daily calorie goal (just under 1300 calories a day) any ideas are appreciated!

Replies

• kayprincess08
    Options
    If I find myself having a late night dinner I normally stick to something lighter like salad, protein shake or fruit and some crackers. I typically don't eat after 8pm that way I don't go overboard. You might also try stir-fry full of veggies and some sort of protein.With the stir fry you could do it over whole wheat pasta or brown rice. One of my favorite quick and easy meals is homemade beans and rice. I would just make sure to keep the fat content down and obliouvly the calories. Hope that helps!
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with this this week -

I made soup on Monday so I've been eating that. Other times I've eaten whatever others ate for dinner, just less of it. I also find it helpful to eat more during the day, and usually right before i leave work i.e. if I work till 8 i have a snack and 6/7 so I dont come home and chow down on crap in the house.
  • CanGirl40
    CanGirl40 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would probably skip the idea of "dinner" and go with more healthy snacks -- Greek yogurt and protein powder and fruit, natural peanut butter on rice cakes, veggies and hummus, protein shake, OR do "breakfast for dinner..." egg white omelettes with tons of veggies, protein pancakes...yummy...
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    well it depends how many calories left you have? if you have all the calories for a meal, just eat a regular meal. if you're not having that many left have a snack that contains carbs and or things that help you sleep so your big meal won't keep you up. once when I was having sleep problems I looked it up and can't remember what was on the list because around the same time I had a little heartburn and get the two remedy foods confused, but they both worked.

I think for some reason cheese and crackers would be great with a little fruit. wine too if you can afford the calories and handle only a little at a time.
  • Gidzmo
    Gidzmo Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Try a salad (you can always toss in some meat for the protein). Or a good hearty soup and sandwich.