BMF and STILL no weight loss.

jaz050465
jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
Within healthy BMI and not much to lose. Lost 9 pounds but then nothing since July even though I've been within my MFP calories - using fitbit and HRM to get TDEE.
In desperation a week ago I bought a BMF which puts my TDEE quit a few hundred calories more. So ive eaten more - but STILL not loss this week.

I can't understand how it can be so complicated. Whatever I try doesn't work.

Replies

• graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    I did the EM2WL group this spring and used a BMF. I gained and gained. I don't know if it over shot what I was burning, or if my being a group ex instructor meant my body was used to burning those calories...not sure..but it didn't help....it confused. My average burn was 3000 a day (I teach 9 classes a week) but eating at 23-2500 just left me with 11 extra pounds.
  • Corkline
    Corkline Posts: 107
    What are you doing for workouts?
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    I did the EM2WL group this spring and used a BMF. I gained and gained. I don't know if it over shot what I was burning, or if my being a group ex instructor meant my body was used to burning those calories...not sure..but it didn't help....it confused. My average burn was 3000 a day (I teach 9 classes a week) but eating at 23-2500 just left me with 11 extra pounds.

Yep.... Word.^ Had a very similar experience.
  • jaz050465
    So are you using now? What did you do? Eating at 1400 doesn't work and eating at 1700 ish doesn't work. I know fat loss will be slow and I'm prepared to be patient but nothing has changed since July.

I did body revolution for a while and am now doing Chakean Extreme and running ( when it's not too icy).
  • jaz050465
    Anyone else?
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Nah I am stuck too :-) I have had good luck in the last with cutting my carbs way down, but it's tough and I had no energy. From what I am reading the last ten pounds is sloooooow........
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    I'm stuck too. Don't have a BMF, but considering investing in one. I've been actively trying to lose for 4 weeks, working out and haven't lost anything. I was hoping to lose about 0.5lb per week, but can't even do that.
  • jaz050465
    I don't understand why it's so hard.
  • Annelies11
    Annelies11 Posts: 174 Member
    I was stuck for while too, wether I ate 1200 or 1800, didn't matter. I tried Atkins, eating every 2 hours and a bunch of other 'diets'. What finally got me out of it was Intermittent Fasting. I eat about 1400 cals a day within an eating window of 6-8 hours (basically I skip breakfast and start the day with a late lunch). I lost 3lbs in the first week, probably water weight, but have been losing steadily after that. Look up Leangains or Eat Stop Eat to read some basics. I has helped me in other areas too - digestion and overall energy.
  • jaz050465
    I've heard a lot about this. I get mugraines if I get hungry so I don't think it's for me though. Thanks anyway.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    I was stuck for while too, wether I ate 1200 or 1800, didn't matter. I tried Atkins, eating every 2 hours and a bunch of other 'diets'. What finally got me out of it was Intermittent Fasting. I eat about 1400 cals a day within an eating window of 6-8 hours (basically I skip breakfast and start the day with a late lunch). I lost 3lbs in the first week, probably water weight, but have been losing steadily after that. Look up Leangains or Eat Stop Eat to read some basics. I has helped me in other areas too - digestion and overall energy.

i've considered this.... interesting. i too get headaches and *grumpy* if i get too hungry. i am a mom of four so me grumpy doesn't always go over so well! lol.