new to group

I am new to the group. I eat 1200 calories per day. I began last year weighing in at 220 pounds. I am now to 190 pounds. my goal weight is to be 130 pounds. all 1200-1300calorie eaters I would love to be friends with all of you.

Replies

• SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    I am new to the group!

I am 48 years
    Height - 5'11"
    SW - 220
    GW - 170 (for now)
    CW - 190 (actually 188, but it isn't official "weigh in" day)

I eat 1200 calories per day and try to eat back my exercise calories. I love trying new foods, new recipes and making new friends.
  • wildchild06241
    wildchild06241 Posts: 130 Member
    I am new to this group and eating between 1000 and 1400 calories depending on my activity level.

I am 55 years
    Height 5'2.5"
    SW - 137
    CW - 130
    GW - 117

I do not attept to eat back my exercise calories but sometimes I eat some of them. I am working on increasing my protien without going over my calories. My diary is open. Any suggestions?
  • toque88
    toque88 Posts: 113 Member
    Hi I'm new to the group. MFP says I should only eat 1280 calories a day and this is very difficult for me. I can hang in there till about 1pm then I lose it! Any suggestions you can provide will be greatly appreciated. I try to eat 4 meals a day at 300 carlories each starting at 7am. I also eat back all of my exercise calories. I'm losing weight, so I'm not complaining too much, but when 1pm comes around - I get bored at work and wanna eat! ack!
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Hi, I'm Mary, It says I've been on MFP for a year, which isn't the case. I signed up a year ago but was never on it until three months ago, maybe four. Now I'm a bit confused with everything. I'm working my way through it and am dedicating more time and energy.
    I weight 203lbs and I'd like to lose 60lbs. My intake of cals is 1230.

I've just started NROLFW. It's a good thing I have a sense of humour...lol gotta laugh at myself. I would love to have someone video tape my work out just so I can looking at it a month down the road...omgoodness

The food part is my biggest issue. I hate eating, which was biggest part of the reason for such a gain, so my doc says. I eat all the time now, little things, fruits nuts veggies all day... its' the meals I'm not finding easy.

I get up at 2:30am to go work out before work. What does one have for a breakfast mean that early and that is quick and simple and then another around 8. I was going to Timmy's and getting a breakfast sandwich which apparently is a big NO, but it's so simple...
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    I would just like to add... I have a really good feeling about this. I think I just became friends with some really amazing people and I think all of my wonderful MFPs are and are going to be a great influence. I think soon it will be my time!! Biggest of hugs!!!
  • Amyirene74
    Amyirene74 Posts: 63 Member
    Hi, I am a almost 39 year old mom of 5. I am in menopause due to a hysterectomy and have a very high stress life.I have been eating 1400 calories a day but I thinking about cutting down to the 1300 and eventually 1200. I used to eat close to 4000 a day so working down to 1400 has been a challenge. I am not near as hungry as I used to be though. I think I could do the 1300 for a while and then 1200. I have lost 9 lbs so far and need to lose another 45 lbs.

I'm 5'4" tall

SW- 185.9
    CW- 177
    GW- 130
  • A55IRAM
    A55IRAM Posts: 3 Member
    I am new to the group. I eat 1200 calories per day. I began last year weighing in at 220 pounds. I am now to 190 pounds. my goal weight is to be 130 pounds. all 1200-1300calorie eaters I would love to be friends with all of you.

i am you. i am at 221 and have just cut my calories to 1200 and my current goal is 190 :) please tell me what your workout routine was/is and i would be ecstatic if you have any advice to share! :happy:
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Well im taking 1200 a day myself but Im 4ft 10in so I dont need the extra calories to beign with when I was eating 1400 my wieght would not budge.Ill be 29 in a few days and I started this in jan 2013.I wanted to lose all the baby wieght after having my two daughters 19 months apart .I wieghed 150 on Jan 1st and now Im 140.I feel better already,II have a way to go but I know I can do it.My oldest will be 3 aug 10th and my youngest a year old march 9th so coming soon.

I had Gestational diabetes during my last pregnancy because of my wieght,I managed it with diet and only at the end did I take a pill to help.I gained 11lbs while pregnant and lost it right after I had my 8 lbs 6oz baby.

They told me my chances of having diabetes later in life was increased by 30% .I dont want that to happen I need to be healthy before children I was not even close to being over wieght.

I know I can do this Im aware it will take time but its worth it.
  • Luckee_me
    Luckee_me Posts: 1,425 Member
    Hi,
    I'm new to the group, I've lost 92+ pounds so far eating 1200-1300 Calories a day. I say 92+ because I was over the limit of my home scale when I started. I have a great group of friends but would love some that are like minded. Please feel free to add me.
    Let's be losers together.
  • sandydiane
    sandydiane Posts: 19 Member
    I'm new to the group. I've been experimenting with different calorie levels but finally decided to accept MFPs target of 1200 and eat back all my exercise calories. Would love to have some new friends from the group. Feel free to add me
  • Linda916
    Linda916 Posts: 124 Member
    Everyone: Yes!

yayyy! Let's be Losers Together! (quote of the day!!)

GJHuntley---

I seriously LOL'd :)

AND: congrats on your weight loss! That is so amazing I cant even wrap my head around it! What is your secret?

~~ Linda :flowerforyou:
  • mamad5
    mamad5 Posts: 22 Member
    Hi! I am new to the group and looking for support too! I eat around 1200-1300 cal a day! I am 5'4" and 170 pounds and I'm trying to get down to 130. If you wanna make friends that would be great, just let me know you are from this group!!!
  • Is this group still active?
  • I'm new to the group. I recently started working with a nutritionist and eating 1250 calories while exercising (walking, yoga, running, weight lifting.) I seem to be awesome from 7:00am-5:00pm

This is my first time slowly losing weight and find it sometimes disheartening.