What weird food cravings are YOU having during pregnancy?

2»

Replies

• TLCEsq
    TLCEsq Posts: 413 Member
    Salt!! We went to a Mexican restaurant and I salted every single chip. It was delicious. (And now sounds gross, but I loved it!!)

For me it's salt too, and potatoes. I have been eating potatoes in every form since I got pregnant, but lately it seems to be eggs and hash browns that I cannot get enough of.

Ooh and I forgot to add, Thai spring rolls. I've been eating an obscene amount of Thai food lately but it's my favorite cuisine, and I love curry. I love spicy food and pregnancy certainly hasn't derailed me from that!
  • iampanda
    iampanda Posts: 176 Member
    I think my husband has more food cravings than me, ha ha ha ha! The other day he said, "I really just want some ice cream and brownies." Wait, who is the pregnant one again? Though I will admit, it did sound good! A while ago I was craving gas-station nachos like no one's business. My husband, being the great guy he is, knew I was seriously needing some nachos and went to the gas station at 10 pm for me! Other than that, I crave fruit. Grapefruit, sour apples, oranges, bananas... And spicy stuff. I don't know why, but when I am pregnant I LOVE spicy food. While pregnant with my son, I swear I lived on Flaming Hot Cheetos... I've done good and haven't had any with this pregnancy. :wink:
  • igottaworkout
    igottaworkout Posts: 298 Member
    Mostly sweets for the last few months, now I think I'm getting onto healthier cravings. Bummer is that my biggest craving is Shashimi which we aren't allowed to eat :(

Funny story though....if you have seen Elf you will appreciate this

I made spaghetti and went into the fridge to get some nutritional yeast (pretty much parm cheese for vegetarians) but then I noticed the maple syrup. I laughed and thought of Elf then thought "that actually sounds kinda good"...so I poured a little into a spoon and swirled my spaghetti in it and it actually tasted pretty good. But when I poured it on my whole plate I realized what a bad idea it was and I think the only reason it tasted good at first is b/c I wanted sugar. So gross and such a waste of good spaghetti lol

Lol that is funny about the sugar pasta!

About the sashimi I read that it is ok to have it and sushi if they freeze the fish in the restaurant as the main concern of avoiding the raw fish are parasites, and they get killed from freezing. I have been to two sushi places since becoming pregnant and the first didn't freeze their fish ( in Canada each restaurant can decide this themselves, in the USA it is a health regulation and all fish must be frozen if served raw) so I didn't have any at the first place. The second place freezes all their fish so I happily ate :).
  • EmilyRanae22
    EmilyRanae22 Posts: 506 Member
    Mostly sweets for the last few months, now I think I'm getting onto healthier cravings. Bummer is that my biggest craving is Shashimi which we aren't allowed to eat :(

Funny story though....if you have seen Elf you will appreciate this

I made spaghetti and went into the fridge to get some nutritional yeast (pretty much parm cheese for vegetarians) but then I noticed the maple syrup. I laughed and thought of Elf then thought "that actually sounds kinda good"...so I poured a little into a spoon and swirled my spaghetti in it and it actually tasted pretty good. But when I poured it on my whole plate I realized what a bad idea it was and I think the only reason it tasted good at first is b/c I wanted sugar. So gross and such a waste of good spaghetti lol

Lol that is funny about the sugar pasta!

About the sashimi I read that it is ok to have it and sushi if they freeze the fish in the restaurant as the main concern of avoiding the raw fish are parasites, and they get killed from freezing. I have been to two sushi places since becoming pregnant and the first didn't freeze their fish ( in Canada each restaurant can decide this themselves, in the USA it is a health regulation and all fish must be frozen if served raw) so I didn't have any at the first place. The second place freezes all their fish so I happily ate :).

gasp! I must look into this!
  • jaireed
    jaireed Posts: 333 Member
    Honeynut Cheerios and almond milk! OMG YUM!!!!!!!
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Honeynut Cheerios and almond milk! OMG YUM!!!!!!!

I almost bought Honey Nut Cheerios yesterday! I ate them like crazy during my last pregnancy but have held off so far this time. As far as cereals, sometimes for dessert I eat Lucky Charms :tongue: