Running Inside??!!

Options
allison0820
allison0820 Posts: 325 Member
Does anyone strictly run on the treadmill... I started this program before back in September 2012 (I think) and had to stop in Week 8 because I had to have Neck Surgery... Right now I am doing 30 Day Shred and plan to hit this again (til the end this time) when I am done... Before I was running inside by time.. not distance as I have been told that distance on the treadmill isn't the same as road work.. Just wanted to know if anyone else has done this stricktly inside.. thinking that after completion inside I would do it out side next to step it up.. (still by time because I run slow)... Thoughts???

Any supporters are welcome.. send me requests with a little message.. Ladies only please! Thanks!

Replies

• AliciaC81
    AliciaC81 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My husband did it up to completion strictly inside. He then started adding outdoor runs so that he felt more prepared for an actual 5k. He said it was pretty hard to do that first outdoor run because he wasn't used to wind in his face, etc. and his calves really hurt the next day. I started way after he did, so since he found it kind of hard to make the switch I decided that I would do a bit of both. I actually prefer running outside, gives me more distraction, but if the weather is nasty or if I don't have time to run during the daylight hours I do it inside on the treadmill. When I do it whether inside or outside I do it based on time.