Acne??

Options
cynpin34
cynpin34 Posts: 41 Member
Hi...I'm 8 short days into paleo...and in breaking out. I've never had a lot of breakouts in my life, so it's concerning. Has anyone experienced this?

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Maybe your just detoxing..
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'd agree with detoxing. When I first went paleo/primal I experienced the same thing, and after about two weeks I had great skin again. Anytime I eat something I shouldn't (pizza, beer, etc), I usually get a pimple or 2 in the days following eating back on plan, then back to great skin.
  • cynpin34
    Options
    Ok that makes a lot of sense...I was panicking! Lol thanks!
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I got it to and still have it 20 days in :( But they sort of new types, a lot on my chest which ive NEVER experienced before and white cyst along my jaw line, however Im just gonna give it some time and hope it will go away. Do update us if it gives away :)
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    yeah detox for sure, i had opposite effect, i had acne all the time, now its very minimal , i say it will clear up :happy:
  • cynpin34
    Options
    Yeah it's mostly chestne...lol and some backne...which I've never had...I will update,
  • insearchofbees
    Options
    yeah detox for sure, i had opposite effect, i had acne all the time, now its very minimal , i say it will clear up :happy:

That has been my experience as well. My skin is much clearer now.
  • amanda6393
    amanda6393 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Yep, I'd say your body is trying to get rid of those nasty built up toxins in your system. Make sure you drink plenty of water, especially with lemon/lime juice, and apple cider vinegar may also help.
  • cynpin34
    Options
    It's started to go away...so about a week later...I had noticed it a few days before I posted!! Thanks for the quick responses!!! I love this group:)