REALLY NEEDING ENCOURAGEMENT

I had back surgery in Sept/2008 during the hospital stay I got MRSA, the worst form of staff infection. Also called The Super Bug. Since then the MRSA has come back 6 X's!!!! After many more surgies,I&D and wound vacs I am no better. It's put me on a walker permanently and I'm up to 270 lbs!!! With all that said I am the kind of person who never gives up. I mite get knocked down for awhile, but always find strength thrum my Lord and Savior to go on. But, this last infection has really hit me HARD. Spiritually., emotionally and physically. I'M at the end of my rope. I cant exercise due to my handicap. I look at my pic of me and my AWESOME hubby and wish I cud be healthy and fit again. I feel like I have let myself, my husband and family/friends down. I know this group has some strong Godly woman so I am asking you for your prayers and any words of encouragement. I guess I went to this blog to "vent" B'cuz ppl see me to be very strong and a lady "who has it 2gether" I did not want to let them down again. I really want to get fit and healthy to prove to myself that my life of 48 years is NOT over yet just B'cuz I've had some major set backs in life. Any encouragement will be appreciated! !!! IN Christ; Shari

Replies

• Hi and good morning! I'm really sorry to hear what you're going through. I have never gone through any thing like that but I DO know what it's like to feel completely defeated. A couple of years ago I was driving home from work (a rather long commute) and got very dizzy. The dizziness wouldn't go away and months later I was diagnosed with Meniers disease. It is an inner ear problem that causes dizziness. It changed my whole life! I can never tell when I will have an episode so my driving is limited. I depend on others to take me places that require me to be in the car for longer than 20 min at a time. It took a lot of my independence and I went into a deep depression. The Lord led me to a scripture that has been my favorite ever since. Psalm 119:25 says "I lie here in the dust, revive me in your word." God's word will bring you out of the dust. Take this opportunity to saturate yourself in His word, gather with other believers even if that means that they have to come to you, and pray like you've never prayed before. Also, most people don't realize this, but, encouraging others in our greatest time of need lifts our spirit. Let God use this time as a season of your life that you will look back on and say,"That was the season of my life that I fell in love in with Jesus." The same God that is responsible for the resurrection is the same God that wants to do a miracle in your life. Let God revive you by His word and His people. And as you wait for a change in your circumstance, stay close to Him as He changes your view on your circumstances. I am echoing the same advice I got when I felt my world caving in on me just a couple of years ago. I will send you a friend request!