Weekly chat 1/20 to 1/26

Options
WIChelle
WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
Since some of you thought it was a food idea i decided i'd just start it today! LOL it is dated tomorrow though :)

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend! Today is funday for me so no exercise and just fun :) Not that exercise can't be fun but ............yeah, I'm not quite there yet!

Replies

• 311Sarah
    Options
    Today is Fun Day - Cheat Day for me too!

I have been on the program now for 3 weeks so next week is my Slingshot week of all high carb days. Does anyone have any advise for me? I am going to plan and prep my recipes today so I am ready to tackle the week.

I feel great! I even fit in a couple of Zumba classes last week in addition to my shapers and shredders because I am feeling so great!

Protein Shakes: I love Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate (140 Calories per scoop) but I had to try the Optimum Nutrition brand (120 calories per scoop) because it has such great reviews on Amazon. I'm not sure I'm impressed with the Optimum Nutrition brand. When you mix it, it dissolves great but is really bubbly. I like the texture of the Pure Protein brand better even though it is harder to mix. It seems like it is thicker and I like that.
  • WIChelle, I had to laugh when I read that you wrote "food idea" instead of "good idea"! Hehehe...:wink:

I'm down 2 lbs. this week!!!!! I had a great loss my first week and then a tiny loss the next and this week was much better in terms of showing a loss. YAY!!! :bigsmile:

Sarah, I'm also doing my first Slingshot week starting Monday. I don't have any advice for you, but planning and prepping your recipes today is a GREAT idea. I'm going out of town this Thursday until the following Tuesday (traveling to California with my 11 yr old for my grandma's 100th birthday party!), so I'll do my best to stay with the plan. I am really just hoping to maintain while I'm gone, since I know we'll be eating out a lot (hello In-N-Out Burgers!) :glasses:

I am totally loving this plan! Today is my free day and for the 2nd free day in a row, I chose cereal for breakfast. Last week it was Wheat Chex and today Fiber One Honey Squares. I find that funny, when I can have anything I want that I choose healthy cereal! I find myself saying throughout the week, "I'll have that on my free day" Then the free day comes and I don't really want half the stuff that I was hoping to have. I guess that's the power of the mind. Just knowing I could have it made it much easier to skip during the week.

Have a GREAT day everyone!!! :smile:
  • LosingMyMarbles
    LosingMyMarbles Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I lost just over a pound this past week. I'll gladly take it because I didn't do any extra exercise. Now that I can go up and down stairs and breathe, I'm going to do some videos this week. It's 50 today, but supposed to be cold and snowy next week. Once my son goes down for a nap, I've got a rabbit pen and chicken coop to clean.

eta:
    We went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast today. I love CB and usually get the Sunrise Sampler: 2 eggs, 1 piece bacon, 1 piece turkey sausage, 1 piece country ham, hashbrown casserole, biscuits (I don't eat the gravy or grits), and "fried" apples. I tried one of the apples and they were too sweet. I didn't finish everything, I stopped when I got full. Shocker for me, I used to eat everything and be hungry and hour later. I also got regular tea instead of sweet tea. I think CTL has killed my sweet tea addiction! Yay! Especially seeing how many calories are in sweet tea...
  • babeinthemoon
    babeinthemoon Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Slingshot weeks are fun. Be aware that you might have some strong "healthy fat" cravings by the end of the week. My first several slingshot weeks ended with me having serious pizza cravings. My last one was different. I was craving nuts. Go figure. :)

Today I'm seriously wondering if I've been body snached. I have not gone out for a run all week. I did Jazzercise on Thursday, a long slow walk yesterday, and some strength training today. I am seriously considering going for a run as soon as my lunch settles.

Who is this girl???? :wink:

Weight loss is low this week.. about 0.8 lbs. But, it's another new low, so I'll take it! I'm 1.2 lbs away from having lost my 2nd 10% (23 lbs) and 2.2 lbs away from having lost 50 lbs! I really am surprised at how much progress I have made since June!
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Thanks for the sticky Babeinthemoon!!!! Way to go on all the exercise! You sure have some energy! .8 is great! We will have to have a virtual party for your 50 lb mark :)

Speaking of slingshot week is there a funday in there or is it strictly the high carb 1500?

Losingmymarbles congrats on the pound! It does seem the appetite changes doesn't it. Yeah on losing the sweet tea addiction!

Howtowin LOL I didn't notice that.. how funny!!! Yeah on the great loss!!!

Sarah way to go on the Zumba! I am clueless about the slingshot but will be reading what you ladies have to say. Who caries the Pure protein brand?

DH wanted Hardees today since he had a girft card to use. I couldn't finish my roast beef sandwich or the onion rings. i finished my dessert since i ate it first! I figured a few drinks into my menu tonight since I know we will have a few at the derby. Not sure what dinner is yet but I have 604 calories for it. I can't think of anything that sounds divine or anything!
  • munecagirl22
    munecagirl22 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hello all :)

today is my free day and i also did not get to eat half the stuff i always say i will during healty days lol.. i ate at golden corral bc my friends wanted that i personally loathe there food. 14$ for food i can make better that comes right out of a can and needless yo say its a buffet.. i cant ever even eat a plate then desert and its gross... i like a good chinese buffet thats it as far as they go :(

plus iam going out to the club i hate being full and bloated to dance lol sooo i wont probably eat again and iam super hungary after so i dont know bc it will be sunday when i get out lol.. :/ not sure what i will end up doing....

i have lost 16lbs and 2 people this week have complimented me by saying are you loosing weight?? ;P WHY YES IAM ;D
    that makes me soooooooooooo happy iam huge.. :( so sticking thru it and super happy with this plan.

as far as exercise i do not do any in the book.... i elipitcal 15min tred 10 with high high incline and the another cliptical or a bike another 10... try to throw in a zumba class once a week.. the do running sprints at the end of weight 3-5x a week ...

my plan is not only to loose but to make my body the best i can ever get i feel we all owe ourselvs this when some people can not even walk or have dieases like MS or ALS.. i had a neruo scare 2 yrs ago iam still dealing with every single day is so precious to me.. so if iam not dying i will get out there ;)
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    WIChelle: Slingshot week is "bookended" by 2 Fundays. I have my funday on Sunday, so Mon - Sat I slingshot, and then do another Funday.

A virtual party sounds fun. I have plenty of protein shakes and celery to share! LOL

muncagirl22: WTG on the weight loss so far! It also sounds like you are doing great exercise too! At some point you will likely want to start doing "shapers" or weight lifting, or other body resistant exercises to build some strength.

I have been to the golden coral once. My husband raved about it. I was less than thrilled. Thankfully it was on a trip, and we don't have one near where we live.... so I went only the one time. :)

I love hearing about everyone's funday!! It great!
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Wow am I dragging and tired after a few drinks last night and little sleep. Yawn!!! We ended up stopping at Subway last night and I had a steak and cheese. Disappointing!!! I can't say anything on funday food wise was super good. I woke up kind of glad for todays guidelines.

Babeinthemoon thanks for explaining about the slingshot week! I'll bring some greek yogurt and granola to the party :) LOL

Munecagirl congrats!on the loss!!! That is so awesome someone noticed.. I bet you burned lots of cals dancing!!! The few times we have went to Golden Corral while traveling I totally chowed on soup and steak. Oh I I ate the frosting off the cakes. i love frosting not cake. I agree chinese buffets are yummy!
  • Great job on the loss and getting compliments muncagirl22!!! I love your positive attitude about life. I too had a scare several years ago with a blood clot in my leg. Life is precious and we only get ONE!!!

I'm starting my first slingshot week today. It's so tempting to do a low carb day today after the junk I ate yesterday... :ohwell:

I agree with WIChelle about being ready for guidelines today! Have a fantastic day everyone!!! Monica :flowerforyou:
  • 311Sarah
    Options
    You guys are awesome!

@how2winschola good luck with your slingshot week with traveling! 100 years is impressive - what's her secret?

@babeinthemoon you are doing awesome on your weight loss goal. That is exciting that you are so close to the 50 lb mark! You can do it!

@WIChelle I don't think that you can have a cheat day on your slingshot week. I am just planning on doing 7 high carb 1500 days. 2 of my local grocery stores carry the Pure Protein brand but I just bought some more on Amazon. I have only tried Frosty Chocolate but it is delicious!

@munecagirl22 It is so awesome when people notice your weight loss - great job!

I had a wonderful cheat day yesterday. I made lasagna with lots of cheese. We had french bread and lots of alcohol. We ate at Wendy's for lunch - I was really excited for a chicken sandwich, fries and a frosty but it wasn't as good as I remember it being. I am glad to be back on track today!
  • michele040673
    michele040673 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Tomorrow is my first day starting this program. I just finished the book today. If anyone could give me some pointers or add me as a friend I would appreciate it! Looking forward to this new lifestyle!
  • munecagirl22
    Options
    @michele welcome iam a newbie also but not new to a low carb diet, i have tried everything and spend $$$ of dollars for me personally my body does so well with low carb... and i needed to change it up bc as i got older it was harder.. this is great:)

I did HORRIBLE this weekend like iam ashamed... uff had a new friend and he did not care to keep takeing me to eat okay only 2x BUT STILL!!!!.. and it was where he wanted to go so .. yea.. extra exercise this week:) which is fine.. i have to up my ater intake also which is very hard

i found a new recipe i have not tried but it sure seems nice.. espically for us.. its greek yogurt, chicken breast and pack w almond meal... bake untill done.. (sorry forgot how long )....

soo cheer to my very very best week so far i have had i feel i will definetly loose 4lbs this week !!!:) woot woot
  • babeinthemoon
    Options
    Hi everyone! Tomorrow is my first day starting this program. I just finished the book today. If anyone could give me some pointers or add me as a friend I would appreciate it! Looking forward to this new lifestyle!

Michele, If you have not already, read: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/813951-so-you-want-to-start-choose-to-lose. I have many pointers there for getting started. I hope it is helpful for you.

As with any new eating plan, especially one that is rigid, expect the first few weeks to be "trial and error." You'll likely make some mistakes, but shake them off and move on.

My biggest pointer is this: Do your best to eat 5 meals a day, every 3 hours, and using the hand size guidelines in the book. And, if you have any questions, ask them here in the group! There are lots of us here that are willing to help!

Good Luck!

@Munecagirl: Shake off the bad eating and move on. We all make "mistakes." Besides, if you look at Choose to lose as a "lifestyle framework" and not a "diet prison" it will probably be much easier to move on. :smile:

The recipe sounds like it could be good! When you get the kinks worked out, feel free to share it under the recipe ideas sticky! If it has almonds in it I would catagorize it as a LC meal.
  • munecagirl22
    Options
    Melt in Your Mouth Chicken Breast, 1/2 c parmesan cheese,1 c Greek yogurt, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt 1/2 tsp pepper, spread mix over chicken breasts, bake at 375 45 mins looks-delicious

sorry not almond meal...
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    So nice to read everyone's progress so far. I'm glad this is working for others. Today marks day 1 week 3. My first week went well. I had tons of energy, felt great & lost 3lbs. Last week was good too. I started to realize some of the mistakes I was making, really started to look at some overlooked details & am tweaking things some. Over all tho, I felt good, lots of energy. Saturday morning I was down another 2lbs for week 2 - Sunday was my funday. Saturday was a low carb day & I really kicked it up a notch for exercise. I went for an extra long hike, put in alot of extra effort, even threw in an extra steep hill at the end. I also did JM's 6wk6pk dvd & an extra 9 minute Ab routine. I was also extremely active the entire day cleaning. Never sat down all day. I really stuck to my diet & was expecting to see a good loss when I stepped on the scale the next morning. But, I was up a pound. I'm not worried about it, could be from all the extra strength training I was doing thru the week & I quickly realized it was also time to start my period.

Yesterday was my fun day. I really was not enthusiastic about eating a bunch of 'bad' food. Nothing really sounded good. I was bummed cuz I kind of wanted to exercise. I didn't tho, and that's a good thing because as the day went on I could feel my body did need a rest. I relaxed a good portion of the day, but also spent hours grocery shopping & prepping meals for the week, so not a completely lazy day. I had a small quiznos chicken carbonara, which was delicious. I was surprised that I was completely satisfied with a small, normally I would eat a regular & still want more. My plan was to have a bowl of ice cream, my absolute favorite gulity pleasure - and it really wasn't that great. I more or less ate it only because I knew It was something I couldn't have for atleast another week. I really didn't expect to not miss ice cream.

This was only my second fun day since starting CTL, but both days I found myself wishing I could exercise (I did exercise on fun day 1) and I found myself wanting the healthy foods I eat during the week. I look forward to getting back to the CTL routine - food & exercise. After my fun day yesterday, I was not surprised to see I was up another pound when I stepped on the scale this morning. So, now I'm wondering - what is the purpose of fun day? Is it to keep us motivated thru the week, or does that spike in calories aide in the weight loss? I think maybe both, but I'm starting to realize fun day isn't as exciting as I thought it would be.

So, now I am about to start week 3 & hopefully I will see good results. I am going to spend a little time on MFP catching up on logging for yesterday and then I am going to take a good hard look at my progress for the last two weeks. I'll be looking at my diet, calories & exercise routine & hopefully I can see where to make some adjustments to improve on the upcoming week.
    Even tho I've only lost a few pounds, the real reward is the way I feel. I have been in a great mood everyday, motivated and full of energy. I am a little nervous about doing the slingshot next week. I will be looking for everyone to post their experiences with it.
  • Hi JB, I don't know about everyone else, but I sometimes exercise on my Fun Day. It all depends on my schedule and if I've given my body time to rest already in the week. For me, the Fun Day seems to be very mental. If I want something during the week, but it isn't on the CTL food list, I tell myself it's ok, I can have it on my Fun Day. I sometimes even freeze or stash some foods so my family won't eat it all before my Fun Day! Then on the Fun Day, half of the time I don't even want what I thought I would want on that day. Saving it or telling myself to wait makes it 100 times easier to say NO right at that first moment of temptation and THAT is what it's all about, in my opinion. :smile:

Welcome Michele! I just sent you a friend request. :flowerforyou:

My challenge this week is traveling while on my first Slingshot week. Anyone have any suggestions for portable HC foods?

Have a great Monday everyone!!! :heart: Monica
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Good morning everyone! Ugh my 16 year old started feeling crappy last night, aching and coughing. 103 temp at 6am. Yep he has the flu that has been rampant at school. Poor kid had a big project to present and was supposed to start his job today. Poor kid! Now we all need to try not to catch it. I will now be grateful i just have a crappy cold and not the flu. The poor boy looks miserable.

Things were good on the eating and diet front yesterday. Got the weighted workout done on the machine. I'm thinking instead of pilates today I may try callenetics. Since I started on a Wed I am counting my first sat to Sat as a week. So that means a week was done Sat. Just picked Sat since I do my free day then. I need to remember this for the slingshot schedule. So I am in week 2 now so I more then slingshot. b

Welcome to the group Michelle!! :bigsmile:

Munecagirl. That recipe sounds good!!! No use being ashamed just keep right on chugging along with the plan. I think it is a very rare person that can be perfect all the time. Maybe put some nuts or even a scoop of protein powder that could be dumped in a bottle of water in your purse for times when you just can't get a meal.

JB Way to go on the week 1 and week 2 pounds!!!! I thought fun day was just to spike the metabolism as well as let one have anything they missed. I had plenty of bad stuff on mine Sat and the only thing that was truly really tasty was the champagne. The rest was kind of not as good as i thought it would be. I do think one could do a fun day eating the healthy food and just spiking the calories by eating more, adding fat etc.
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Monica will you have use of a microwave while traveling? Can you bring a little cooler? the low fat granola is easy to transport as is protein powder. Tuna in a can?????? Are there any approved crackers? Freezing a few things you wanted during the week is a great idea!!!!
  • ChristinePechulis
    ChristinePechulis Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I am happy to see a weekly chat. :-) I need it!

I was down with the flu for most of the week last week, but back at it today. Look forward to seeing the scale move again. Got my meals planned out for the week (dinners anyway) and that helps me so much!

First workout in 5 days done, too. Yay!

--Christine
  • WIChelle
    Options
    Sarah i notice you said Wendys was not as good as you thought it would be. I see a bunch of us saying stuff like that! Congrats on doing so well! I will have to peek around for that brand. So far i have not found a chocolate protein I like besides the way to $$$$ shakeology.

Christine glad you are feeling better!