This is a super site.

Allieko
Allieko Posts: 8 Member
Just joined myfitnesspal a few days ago and I'm so impressed. It is so much better than the Weight Watchers site and its FREE!

Replies

• robert65ferguson
    robert65ferguson Posts: 390 Member
    Hi Allieko and welcome to this group. You will find lots of help and encouragement here. Take your time to read over the various boards in this site and get a feel for things. When you're ready to ask questions you will find lots of people willing to help.
  • mamajenb
    mamajenb Posts: 53 Member
    Welcome!
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,175 Member
    Hi! I totally agree! The day I joined here was the best thing that could have happened to me. I could never have lost the weight I have on my own. The food diary alone is terrific! Welcome. ...and continued success.!
  • Allieko
    Thank you for your welcomes and encouragement. I've had diabetes for close to 48 years. These past 12 years my weight increased gradually. I've tried many sources but found nothing as great as this site. I'm very optimistic. :happy:
  • RaineyLaney
    RaineyLaney Posts: 605 Member
    A big open arm welcoming hug. Yes I too am new (1/16/13) and I have learned so much from MFP and from this diabetic group. I have made some really good friends that have been so helpful with me getting my diabetes in controll. This is an awesome site. Lots of info in this diabetic 2 group. Lots of info on forums too, but just have to watch, there is some not so good forums too.

any whoo, welcome aboard again. Rainey
  • richh963
    richh963 Posts: 78 Member
    I agree, I came from WW, on that site I lost 50lbs, but then even though I was tracking things went haywire, My blood sugar skyrocked to the point i was taking 72 units of 70/30, my doctor put me on lantas with no success at all I was still in the range of 150+ BS readings, I started Jan 4th,2013 on MFP, as of today my blood sugars are somewhat stable, and Im now down to 28 units,with some low bs still, I keep adjusting every few days. this site is great.
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    I agree, I came from WW, on that site I lost 50lbs, but then even though I was tracking things went haywire, My blood sugar skyrocked to the point i was taking 72 units of 70/30, my doctor put me on lantas with no success at all I was still in the range of 150+ BS readings, I started Jan 4th,2013 on MFP, as of today my blood sugars are somewhat stable, and Im now down to 28 units,with some low bs still, I keep adjusting every few days. this site is great.

Congrats on gaining more stability with your numbers Rich along with reducing your med .

That's really great news and keep up the good work my friend!
  • I learned so much from all of you just by reading here on this side, thank you so much. I just got diagnosed with pre-diabetic and like to learn as much as I can, eat and exercisse proberly and hopefully it stays pre-diabetic.
  • bdubya55
    Welcome!

Happy to have you with us and if you have ANY questions, just ask away!
  • bdubya55
    I learned so much from all of you just by reading here on this side, thank you so much. I just got diagnosed with pre-diabetic and like to learn as much as I can, eat and exercisse proberly and hopefully it stays pre-diabetic.

Welcome!

Happy to have you with us and if you have ANY questions, just ask away!
  • Allieko
    Just returned to this site after several month's absence. Happy to say I didn't gain too much while I was away but missed this site and the friendliness and support of the members who welcomed me here in January.

So here we go again. This time I'm packing an android and learning how to use it when I'm away from my computer. I wonder if there is a support group for android newbies.
  • retiree2006
    retiree2006 Posts: 951 Member
    Welcome back. This site seems to be one that many people have success with when using it as intended...and you'll get back into the swing of it quickly. Sorry I can't help you with the android...I'm low tech myself! :laugh: