Need diebetic friends with open food diarys

Options
2»

Replies

• momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to my friends- feel free to add me. I am trying to do high protein/low carb/low fat to control mine. It is what my endocrinologist recommended. So far it is helping me. My goal is to eat 6 oz of protein, 8 ounces of raw or 4 ounces of cooked veggies (but no carrots as they are high in sugar), and 1/2 cup of fruit or 2 oz of starch at meals. It is a lot of food because of the volumn of veggies but lower calorie. Lean proteins.

I saw at Kroger's pharmacy tonight that test strips are only $4.
  • Gentyl
    Gentyl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    this is my first day of my return. Eating health is important to me, but I am just getting started. I am amazed at how little food I really do need.

I thought that was interesting, too -- especially when I cut down on the carbs.
  • dzlilo
    dzlilo Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My diary is open for all members to view, and please feel free to add me! I am newly diagnosed. I am trying to make the best of the carb allocation the nutritionist gave me and eat better foods. I am trying to make better choices at restaurants and cook more often.
  • flyrobinfly57
    Options
    Joined late Jan and I would love to have some friends with DM 2. On insulin since Oct. Been on other stuff since 2006..Will finally see a endocrinologist (my family Dr wants me to see one) I so look forward to getting meds adjusted and A1c under 5.7 (personal goal). My diary is open
  • MissJJ74
    MissJJ74 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, my diary is open to friends and I also add my glucose monitor readings in my food notes section 4 times a day. However don't look at today. I know I was already bad with the carb & sugar intake this morning. ;-)