Easy Ground beef recipes??

Options
jillsjourney
jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
I just bought a bunch of ground beef on sale super cheap. I need some recipes to make that are healthy and easy. The easier the better. I'm not a great cook! :laugh:

Replies

• PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    I tried a new recipe last night: shepherd's pie made with lentils and beans (from Spilling The Beans cookbook):

Onions - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
    Carrots - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped
    Pc Blue Menu - Beef Broth, 1.25 cup
    Hunt's - Tomato Paste, Original (Canada), 1 tbsp
    Milk - Reduced fat, 2% milkfat, 1/2 cup
    Generic - Lentils, Cooked, Boiled With Salt, 2 cup
    Beef - Ground, 90% lean meat / 10% fat, crumbles, cooked, pan-browned (hamburger), 390 g
    Yukon Gold - Potato, 24 oz
    Beans - White, cooked, boiled, with salt, 2 cup 498
    Becel - Margarine - Regular, 10 tsp.
    Mushrooms - Raw, 110.0 g

(these are the measurements I used in "my recipes". You'd have to change them for what you use)

Saute the onions and carrots until the onions are soft. Add the hamburger and brown it. Add the mushrooms and sauté. Add the cooked lentils (I cooked my own; it helps with the sodium levels). When done, add the beef broth and tomato paste. Season as desired. Put the mixture into a casserole dish.
    Cook the potatoes. Add the cooked or canned white beans, milk and butter/margarine. Mash. Spread on top of meat/lentil mixture. Bake in 350 oven until heated through (about 30 minutes). Serves 6.

Using the measurements above, it comes out to 483 cals/portion. I added some steamed kale on the side. It was tasty and filling (thanks to the beans, I think).
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • DannysGirl4ever
    DannysGirl4ever Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I make Hobo Dinner with ground beef (can also use ground chicken)

In a large nonstick skillet with lid on medium to medium high heat, cook the following ingredients together until the meat is cooked and the veggies are at the desired doneness. You do not need to add any oil or even Pam spray because the liquid from the tomatoes and mushrooms keep it from sticking! My original hobo dinner had potatoes and carrots but this flavor combination is also quite tasty.

Beef Hobo Dinner
    Serves 4 (I usually eat 2 servings though!)

8 OZ 96% Lean Ground Beef, raw cumbled
    1 medium yellow onion, coursely chopped
    1 medium white onion, coursely chopped
    1 Green pepper, cut into strips (like you would do for a stir fry)
    1 container of baby bella mushrooms (I get the whole ones and then slice them--cheaper)
    2 medium tomatoes, chopped (I cut into the larger chunks)
    Add seasoned pepper, garlic powder and salt to taste (my husband is cutting back on his sodium so I usually dont add salt and then add it on my plate so that he can use the no salt on his).
  • JESSJESJ
    JESSJESJ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    look up ina garten's meatloaf recipe - its delicious - When I made it I used half turkey half beef, but the recipe calls for beef. It was very good, moist etc.