Sigh

ukgirly01
ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
The main forums really disappoint me. I never understand why some people are so down on Paleo? It all makes so much sense

Replies

• CRody44
    CRody44 Posts: 776 Member
    Stay with the paleo forum to discuss paleo then.
  • bonnieellison96
    bonnieellison96 Posts: 50 Member
    I know, I just commented on that post too! I totally get why some people don't think it would work for them, and that's fine, we're all different, but to completely bash our lifestyle and the only thing they can think of is "it's stupid" and "quit being a follower"? Not a great argument :/ I'm proud of all the facts that were put out there by people that can word it more eloquently than myself lol
  • breeanreyes
    breeanreyes Posts: 228 Member
    I know what you mean, I try to stay off the other boards and enjoy my butter and my bacon in peace!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    agreed, I have no idea either, I don't go on and bash WW or SAD...or anyones diet, but Paleo, oh my, people go off their rockers lol...stick to Paleo group :happy:
  • funny,one of the reasons I have left other online groups was because of very rude attitudes,something brings out the evil in people when u mention paleo or primal..not sure why people think we are sheep for following a way of eating,I think lots of people who get involved in this way of eating have been experiencing issues and have turned to primal/paleo for a solution.I am possessed by the sugar demon and this way of eating is the only thing to control it..I never bother with getting involved in silly back and forth..people have closed minds and nothing will change it,it's never worth it and just gets you pis%ed off and stressed.let them enjoy their SAD.it's not for me
  • MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    dang it, now I have to look.
  • shaywallis
    shaywallis Posts: 165 Member
    dang it, now I have to look.

this^^!!
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    I had to go read that mess also.

Being new to the whole Primal lifestyle I didn't realize how the non-Primal/Paleo eaters disliked it so.

Some people seem to think that it is a very strict system and that you need lists of foods to go shopping. Grocery shopping is so much easier now. I'm trying to think if we even bought anything from the aisles. Everything may have come from the outside ring of the store.

They are arguing against a caricature of the Primal/Paleo instead of what it really is. Or they think it merely a rebranded Atkins system.

They seem to dislike us mentioning how great it is working for us. I guess they are afraid we will tempt them away from the SAD.
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Good lord that post got out of hand FAST! I'm so glad I never asked any paleo/primal questions on the main board it may have deterred me from the arguments alone.
  • AuntieKT
    AuntieKT Posts: 235 Member
    Ok, I'm taking the bait... What post are you all talking about? I'm looking through the general message boards and haven't found it yet. Is it under a deceptive title?
  • bonnieellison96
    It's under "Paleo Eating Program"...somebody even tried to tear apart my advice of how to sneak in extra calcium smh. Oh well, not my job to change anybody's mind, it works for me and I'll give information when asked. :P
  • aloha311
    aloha311 Posts: 118 Member
    Before I knew there was this group here I asked the something. I got torn apart. It was ridiculous. It's sad that if you are thinking or doing things their way it's wrong. Just like earlier in the week someone questioned why they hate on people eating 1200 cals a day since MFP sets them at that. People got out of control on that one too. I tend to not post much because I don't need people making me feel bad for changes that are helping me and my family.
  • I'm really glad y'all are here. When I first started Paleo in summer of 2004, there was NOBODY to talk to or compare notes with. I hope our community continues to grow and support each other. I still try to get people to stop eating processed food and grains, can't help it, but I really think this is a way of life that you have to research for yourself and conclude that it makes sense :)
  • hilliardjoe
    hilliardjoe Posts: 111 Member
    I think Dr. Phil could help some people who seem to be struggling with the recommended diet with his catch-phrase (about the limit of what I know about Dr. Phil): "How's that working out for you?"

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

That's why I tried Primal in the first place, nothing else was working for me.
  • AuntieKT
    Oh, I responded to this topic myself last week before it took a turn for the ugly and was just supportive and informative. That's unfortunate that it went that way. Too bad that girl that was the biggest negative against paleo didn't have an open diary so we could see just how "wonderful" she is really eating. I'm thinking there might be a reason for that though...
  • bonnieellison96
    Well, she did say she only eats once a day...sounds like she's struggling with her own thing (not hating on anybody here that may only eat once a day, whatever works for you is what's important, I just mean that anybody that gets THAT defensive over something that literally has nothing to do with them has issues with what they're doing themselves).
  • AuntieKT
    Methinks she might be jealous of our bacon!
  • h237C52E0
    This just reminded me of that thread on that "other" forum :D
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    hahahaha that pic is BRILLIANT- really made me laugh
  • bonnieellison96
    Methinks she might be jealous of our bacon!

I think you're right! I think they're ALL jealous of our bacon! ;)
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    People get caught up in their dogmas. I'm sure the same is often said about us cavepeople, but then again, I have yet to hear from people who honestly tried paleo/primal for any real length of time, who ended up stopping because it made them worse off than they were before.

So, my guess is that eating inline with evolutionarily-consistent dietary habits works well for most, at best, and doesn't end up hurting anyone, at worst.

Can the same be said for these other diets? Especially the conventional wisdom of high-carb, low-fat, grain-laden diets? I would contend, not.

Yeah... and they are jealous of our consumption of obscene amounts of bacon (whilst getting/staying fit). Probably.
  • AuntieKT
    I like how the diet of those following the Food Pyramid is called the SAD. SAD indeed...
  • http://www.hulu.com/watch/196879 This is a film called Fat Head. I think everyone in here will appreciate it, and want to share it. It doesn't always convince people that they should change their diet, but gives them something to think about.
  • Cerebrus189
    Cerebrus189 Posts: 315 Member
    I stopped trying to convince people otherwise a long time ago. If they see what I eat and how I look, they ask questions. We are all in control of our own destinies. Quite honestly, I just got tired of people telling me they couldn't give up bread. My interest in what they say after that diminishes once they spout that nonsense.