January 21-27 Mini Challenge

luvs_choc8
luvs_choc8 Posts: 788 Member
Welcome to all.

Here is the mini challenge for January week 4. Enjoy!!

I still want you to think of three things before you eat. They are:

1) Why are you eating?-(Are you bored?,Are you sad?,Are you really hungry?,etc)
2) What are you eating?-(Are you eating nutritional food?,Are you staying within your calorie limit?,Is your body going to benefit from what you are eating? etc)
3) When are you eating?-(Are you eating in secret?,Are you eating late at night?,Did you just eat? etc)

Answering these questions honestly will help you to analyze some of your eating faults.

Monday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Stay within your alloted calorie limit and give up one of your comfort foods.
Cardio-Do 30 minutes of increased heart rate cardio exercise (ie jog, bicycle,elliptical,jumping jacks,aerobics,zumba,etc)
Strength-Do 10 push-ups, 20 crunches, 20 squats with arm raises, and 20 lunges with bicep curl. Repeat all 3X's
Water- drink 8-10 glasses if water.

Tuesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat 25 less than your alloted carbohydrate limit
Cardio- Do 45-60 minutes of interval training (1 minute slow pace, 1 minute fast pace)
Strength- No strength today. Let your muscles heal

Wednesday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat your limit of protein. It is necessary to repair and maintain muscle.
Cardio- Do 30 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - Do 10 push-ups, 20 crunches, 20 squats with arm raises, and 20 lunges with bicep curl. Repeat all 3X's.

Thursday's Mini Challenge:
Food-Eat lots of fibre today. (ie fruits, veggies, whole grains, oatmeal, fibre one bars (love them)
Cardio - Do 45-60 minutes of increased heart rate activity
Strength- no strength today

Friday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay below your sodium limit. (pay particular attention to packaged or take out food which is very high in sodium)
Cardio - Do 30 minutes increased heart rate cardio exercise.
Strength - Do 10 push-ups, 20 crunches, 20 squats with arm raises, and 20 lunges with bicep curl. Repeat all 3X's.

Saturday Mini Challenge
Food - Stay within your calorie limit.
Cardio/Strength - Do something special for yourself today. Maybe get your hair done, have a manicure, go shopping etc. You deserve it

Sunday Mini Challenge:
Food - Enjoy a healthy home cooked meal with your family.
Cardio - Go for a 30-45 minute leisurely walk with your family or somebody special in your life.
Strength - Work on the part of your body that bothers you the most.

I hope everybody has a great week. Any feedback regarding these challenges would be greatly appreciated. I am by no means a professional trainer, these are just some things that I have learned throughout my journey, and ask that everybody go at their level and avoid injuries.

Keep Smiling ,

Donna

Replies

• mommashelli
    mommashelli Posts: 89 Member
    Thank you Donna!
  • mommashelli
    Monday:
    Food-within cals, and didn't have any cheese today.
    Cardio- day off
    Strength-sets and reps all done!
    Water- water is in.

Have a great week everyone!
  • mommashelli
    Wednesday:
    Food-protein is good
    Cardio- w6d1 of couch to 5k
    Strength - sets and reps done
    Water- water is in.

The thread seems to be rather dead this week. He is to wishing everyone great motivation and a great rest of the week!
  • Pammie1000
    Pammie1000 Posts: 365 Member
    I'm here!.... finally
    Did a bit of Zumba today and the challenge, I've been eating like a pig today, I don't
    know what's gotten into me! but it's going to have to stop or I'll weigh 500 pounds!
  • Pammie1000
    40 minutes on the bike today.
  • mommashelli
    Friday:
    Food - good on below sodium range
    Cardio - w6d2 of couch to 5k.
    Strength - sets and reps done.
    Water- getting water in now. been slacking on this today

Hi Pammie! Zumba sounds like so much fun haven't done it in such a long time, but maybe after I finish the couch to 5k program I'll get back into it! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!.
  • Pammie1000
    Hi Mommashelli, I hadn't done it in a while myself, it felt good! But I've forgotten the steps I did know, which wasn't many!

Got in the water, did strength challenge & 40 minutes on the elliptical yesterday. I can't seem to make myself log my food,:grumble: so I don't know about the sodium. Have a great Weekend!
  • Pammie1000
    water good & I cooked, I didn't go for a walk but did 400 jumping jacks for another challenge, I guess thats enough for one day.