New

Options
dangie2002
dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
Hello, I decided to join your group because I think there is wisdom with striving to be a Proverbs 31 woman. I am a wife, mother, nurse. I am so focused on everything around me that I put myself last. This past August, we moved, and I was able to reduce my work hours in hopes of being able to care better for myself and my family and so I wouldn't have to work on Sundays any more. I was starting to move in the right direction when the hurricane came and dumped 2 feet of snow and left us without electric for over 10 days, since then we have had really really bad things happen to our family. I know it rains on the just and the unjust. I was beginning to feel like Job. However, God has also shown our family His perfect grace and mercy through out everything. I am 190 pounds over weight. I need to drop it just so I can feel better. I want to lose so I can better serve God. I want to lose so I can be a better wife and mother. I get easily distracted from the goal and I allow food to control me. My only plan is to try to try and consume mostly fresh fruits and veggies, avoid processed foods and soda. And I am trying to walk 4 days a week. I really really hate exercise. I know it is important to do it.

Replies

• ShannonTourne
    ShannonTourne Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I have realized that I can't properly take care of my family if I don't take care of myself. As mothers, we are accustomed to putting everyone else's needs above our own, and that is not a bad thing, but when our health takes a backseat, everyone suffers. I'll be praying for you as you make this journey.
  • Micheledo
    Micheledo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Praying Gods help be with you.. I am truly sorry to hear about all that you have gone through. But the one thing to remember Job came thru the other side better than he was to begin with. I can not imagine what and how hard it has been for your family. God be with you sustain you and bring Peace to you and your family. Weight loss will follow . Many blessings :smile:
  • dangie2002
    dangie2002 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • catinohio
    catinohio Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Welcome.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    welcome to the group