best work out clothes?

Options
Hey guys, Just wondering opinions on work out gear

atm i've got my cheap kamrt stuff but looking into getting some better stuff closer to my goal weight
I'm looking at Lorna Jane but wanna know if its worht the price

Replies

• melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have workout pants from kmart which are ok, and I have some Nike workout pants, which I like. Really depends on your budget. I think Lorna Jane is ridiculously overpriced. I mean, they're just exercise clothes, it's not a fashion statement. I tend to spend my exercise money on shoes and sports bras, because that's what counts. Clothes just get sweated in! Unless there's a sale, of course :)
  • LosingMandy
    LosingMandy Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I tottally agree with Melissa. I think the Lorna Jane stuff is alright when on sale, and for the novelty of some of the slogans on the tops. But that is about it. I would use it as a treat, rather then just buying your everyday clothes from there. I personally cant fit into anything there yet (well i dont think I can, Im too scared to try. haha), so its a moot point for me at the moment. But some of the other girls at the gym who are smaller say its not really worth it.

I have a lot of Kmart/big W stuff and I find it fine, especially the Michelle Bridges range.
  • lyndall5311
    lyndall5311 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I generally wear stuff from Target, I buy it when its on sale. I got a pair of pants the other week for $7.

I have also get stuff from Rebel, I like Adidas adipure stuff, their pants are usually around $60, but you can get them on sale for around $25-$30, the pants are great as they wick the sweat away and as they are quite stretchy, they have lasted me for ages regardless of how much weight Ive lost.

I tend to buy my runners from Amazon as they are half the price of what they are here - and a better colour range.
  • SSarahh23
    SSarahh23 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like Urbane at Myer. They have an active range which is decently priced, but of course are better during the sales. I also have a couple of pieces from Kmart which were nice and cheap :)
  • onlythetancan
    Options
    mine is just a mix of Kmart and Adidas, i find the kmart stuff quite good for the price
  • naomi8888
    naomi8888 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Nike all the way. I love the Dri Fit capri style pants and they have a little zip at the back for keys, the shorts are OK and I love all the sleeveless tops. Hunt around online for a good price though, if you buy them in the Nike stores they can get a bit expensive.
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    Lorna Jane is lovely, but expensive and depending what size you are....

I recently bought 3 pair of 3/4 workout pants from target, they are terrific, and were only about $25 each.
  • Ms_Pixie
    Ms_Pixie Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I've fallen in love with the Lorna Jane just over the knee tights. They get very heavy wear, not just from my regular gym and running exercise, but also having kneepads strapped over them for my Roller Derby training a few times per week. I have a pair that have lasted me over a year with this sort of wear without getting baggy/ saggy and all the other normal things that happen, and just bought a new pair cos I've lost some weight.

As for tops, they get sweaty, they get stinky, and you can get em anywhere pretty cheap!
  • ixa73
    ixa73 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Check out Wiggle.co.uk Best investment i ever made was Max Shockabsorber run bra - literally no movement and really comfortable. I wear nike Dri fit run shorts also from wiggle. I don't wear cotton/lyrca as I only like the moisture wicking material and cotton just gets too wet (bit gross sorry). I have also found awesome moisture wicking sports undies at target for about $8. Tops - have a skins singlet which I picked up at a greatly reduced price, or a dri fit t-shirt.
  • spyder_rose
    spyder_rose Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I did like Lorna Jane, but lately have found Blockout and Rockwear to be better. I also like Running Bare. Everlast is also quite comfy to wear :) I have a lot of gym and running gear and love all my stuff :)
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Charlottesometimes23 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I like Lululemon. It's about the same price as Lorna Jane but much better styles and cuts IMO. I love that the tops have bra cups which is good if you have boobage. :)
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I am a massive Lorna Jane lover. Yes...super expensive - but always ticks all the boxes for me - comfy, lasts forever and looks great! Another top one on the market at the moment...which you will find cheaper as it's available in Big W is Michelle Bridges range. Good luck shopping!
  • Shen191
    Shen191 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Also...depending on where you live - if you can try to get to a LJ discount store you can pick up some good sales.
  • Nerdphiliac
    Nerdphiliac Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Tight workout shorts, joggers and a tank top... all from Big W. C:
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I have a Lorna Jane voucher from Xmas to use (keeping it tp use as a reward once I lose a couple of kgs).

I live on the Goldie so I go to Harbourtown and it up the Nike outlet. Rebel Sport is also good when they have sales on.
  • becnaffine
    Options
    I love Lorna Jane. A bit overpriced but i find the quality and fit good. I have a couple of tights that I got from Target or K-mart and they were great. I've lost weight recently so they no longer fit :(
    Hubby bought me some skins compression pants (super expensive) and they are SO uncomfortable. They dig in at the hem (3/4 - just below the knee) and the waist.
  • MrsWells1983
    MrsWells1983 Posts: 160
    Options
    I'm still a size 18-20 so brand name clothing is still a no go for me! Target do a good range, but when I tried things on they didn't have my size. I've ended up buying from nextdirect.com. I got a pair of tights and a top for around $60 for both (free postage).

I think once I am at my goal weight or close to it, I'd go for any brand name work out wear. Specifically Lorna Jane, Nike and Running Bare (they seem to be the 3 that I like the look of when I check them out).
  • broncosbabe
    broncosbabe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I've gotten most of my stuff from Amart All Sports/Rebel Sports sales - mixture of Nike and Adidas shorts/tights and just any singlet/tshirt because I go through them a lot.

If you're in the Brisbane area at all, there's an Amart All Sports at Browns Plains somewhere that always has MASSIVE sales on. I got my Adidas hoodie from there for $25.

I found the stuff I was buying from Kmart and Big W just didn't last. The shorts were especially uncomfortable and would ride up a lot. I've been given some LJ tops before and they didn't end up being comfortable for me either.

As well as wiggle.co there's startfitness.co.uk. They post to Australia and their shoes are a really good price (got my Asics Gel Kayano's from there and they're AMAZING!).
  • Kadi82
    Kadi82 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I got some Michelle Bridges stuff for xmas (I think it comes from Big W) and its actually really comfy. Apparently, reasonably priced too. I have that red and white striped top she wears in TBL.
  • Claire_x90
    Claire_x90 Posts: 94
    Options
    leggings from cotton on and old big tshirts / stolen off the boy

I have skins compression tights and stuff from lululemon, addidas and lorna jane but I still just go back to what is comfy.

Just don't skimp on sports bras or shoes :)