Do you have a binge escape plan?

Options
2»

Replies

• IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    I just thougof another good one. Give yourself a facial. Who can eat with a mud pack on their face?
    :laugh:
  • IsMollyReallyHungry
    IsMollyReallyHungry Posts: 15,385 Member
    Options
    It's just hard, dealing with BED.
    YES IT IS!

BTW - At night time I brush teeth, get on computer, play games on my smart phone, read, call a friend, polish nails, chores.

As others have stated sometimes these things just do not work but if I keep talking or distracting myself out of it, they work. I have also found analyzing why I am getting the urge to binge is useful too and escaping a binge. Telling myself the binge will not solve this or that problem has worked at times too.

Rarely do I have binges during the day because all the methods I use work during the day because I keep myself focused and eat only the food on my plan. By night time some days I am exhasted and feel like just letting go and then I am bored and/or lonely so what soothes me. Food! So my house is empty of junky bingy food. I have even learned to have PB in the house without binging on PB&J sandwiches. I am not one who eats it off the spoon.

Oh well and life goes on as we battle BED. :ohwell:
  • FluffyDogsRule
    FluffyDogsRule Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have an escape plan but I never seem to use it. I have all these great ideas and things that work to stop binges but when I really want to binge it's almost like when smokers say that they don't want to stop. In that moment I don't want to stop, I don't want to even think about using my escape plan. I just want to enjoy sugary foods.

Does anyone know how to get out of this mind set once you're heading down the path? I have successfully used my escape plan when I just want to pick at things but there are certain days when nothing is stopping me and I deliberately don't even think about it.

THIS!!!!!!!!!!!! During a REAL binge attack (you're right...the munchies are stopped using these methods) I don't WANT to stop. I want to eat yummy food. I decide that my body is great the way it is and I really do not care that I will feel like crap afterwards. I am happy right then and so excited for all the yummy food that I'm for some reason allowing myself to eat any amount I want of.

I've written myself notes after a binge telling myself what to do the next time I want to binge..."don't do it. i PROMISE you'll thank me in the morning, etc, etc". what do I do before the next binge??? I DON'T EVEN READ MY NOTE!! I don't even consider reading it.
  • kate99931
    kate99931 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For me its a matter of catching the binge mentality before it gets to the point of completely ignoring my binge escape plan. I have to catch myself before that point or else like you said I've gone too far down the path and won't stop, I don't WANT to stop when I've gone too far. Once the binge idea even starts tickling my brain is when I have to act and act fast, if that makes sense.the longer I go with that restless, uncomfortable, lots of food would feel so good right now feeling (which is so untrue) the more dangerous it gets. I have to switch activities at that point, like go take a shower and brush teeth or whatever.
  • yesmikan
    yesmikan Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I definitely should have done the "go to sleep" option last night instead of losing control.

I'm going to try writing notes to myself. Now I just have to decide which format will be most effective for me personally. Post-its? A notebook? A document in Notepad?
  • Reboundingwife
    Options
    Some things that I think will help if I can not let the binge take over are
    *nap
    *curl my hair
    *put on make up
    *clean
    *go for a walk/jump on my trampoline(rebounding)
    *just get out of the house
    *shopping
    *bath
  • ObtainingBalance
    ObtainingBalance Posts: 1,446 Member
    Options
    I'm bumping this. I think even new ones in the group should see the other options and hopefully find something new to try!
  • Chibea
    Chibea Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    For me its a matter of catching the binge mentality before it gets to the point of completely ignoring my binge escape plan. I have to catch myself before that point or else like you said I've gone too far down the path and won't stop, I don't WANT to stop when I've gone too far. Once the binge idea even starts tickling my brain is when I have to act and act fast, if that makes sense.the longer I go with that restless, uncomfortable, lots of food would feel so good right now feeling (which is so untrue) the more dangerous it gets. I have to switch activities at that point, like go take a shower and brush teeth or whatever.

This.

If I let it get a grip on my mind, then it will happen sooner or later. I have to apply all these good ideas very early, as soon as that binge thought first flits through my mind!!!!!!!

Exercise is my best bet.