Going to give this a try...

Options
SOOZIE429
SOOZIE429 Posts: 638 Member
I'm a little nervous about eating more than I have been. Eating 1700 calories seems nuts, but I'm curious to see if this is the answer I've been looking for. I've been eating at or around 1300 calories the past couple of weeks. My BMR is about 1550 and my TDEE for light activity is about 2100. So I figure 1700 is a good place to start.

Replies

• GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I would say that wold be a good number you could maybe go up 100. One of the main things is to never NET below your BMR. So if your cal intake - exercise is below 1550 then you need to eat some more to get there. I'm only going by the figures you gave me so i'm not sure on your age weight, height etc though.

Have you tried the scooby calorie calc website to work out your stats? Its pretty much what we all use here to get a ball park number.

The less you have to lose the smaller deficit you will want.

Good luck and I'm sure you wont look back.
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    For perspective, 1700 cal/day seems nuts to me too. As in WAY TOO LOW! Remember that your frame of reference can skew how you see those numbers. Since I eat 800-1000 calories a day more than what you plan to eat, my frame of reference is completely different.

I recommend eating as much as you can while still achieving your goals. For you 1700-1800 calories seems reasonable, assuming your activity level is right. Most people underestimate their activity level.
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    I'm pretty sure that my TDEE is very close to 2000. I used to wear a bodybugg and that's what it would say each day, give or take. I'm 48, 5'7" and weigh 192 with about 30 lbs to lose. I plan on netting about 1700 everyday and see where that takes me over the next few weeks. It's so nice not feeling deprived.

I also plan on lifting in a couple weeks as well. Just started working out again last week and feel comfortable with just cardio right now.

Thanks for your support and responses!
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Wait! Don't NET 1700, EAT 1700. Your TDEE already accounts for your activity level, so you need to eat 1700 everyday. If you net 1700 calories and get 300 cal burn every day on your exercise then you will actually be eating at maintenance (1700+300=TDEE).
  • SOOZIE429
    Options
    Sorry, I wasn't clear. My TDEE is around 2000 when I don't work out. When I do, I add the 200-300 calories to the 2000.