Newbie Here

Options
jlhill7
jlhill7 Posts: 226 Member
I am 43 years old and weigh 166 pounds. I am an EMT and a Medical Assistant. During my 48 hour shifts on the ambulance we cannot workout. But I do wear a bodymedia and took my average for the past month. I still need to loose 35-45 pounds and tone up my muscles. This is my plan so far but I am not sure if my numbers are off:

I ran my bodymedia report and my daily average was 2156. The ambulance days really throw it off when I cannot burn what I do on my days off. I do still need to loose approx 35-45 pounds. According to scooby chart I should be eating 1600.
Calorie Goal-1600 and do not eat back my calories burned. Average 450 defecit daily.
Carbs-40%
Protein-30%
Fat-30%
Fiber-30
Sodium-2300

Replies

• jlhill7
    Options
    Or should I do a reset and just eat at BMR for awhile
  • Gapwedge01
    Options

I don't understand your numbers. If you are using BMF for your TDEE at 2160 and assuming an activity level of 1.35 ( between sedentary and lightly active) your BMR would be 1600. A 15% cut of your TDEE would be 1836. I would say you should be eating between 1700 and 1836, but never below 1600. All of this is based on your BMF estimate and I am not familiar with that device.
  • jlhill7
    Options
    OK Sorry I am new to this.
    According to Scooby:
    BMR-1461
    TDEE-2009
    20%-1607

According to my Body Media which I wear every day for atleast 20 hours
    Daily Average-2156

So should I eat 15% or 20% and what number my TDEE off scooby or of the Body Media
  • Gapwedge01
    Options
    According to Scooby:
    BMR-1461
    TDEE-2009
    20%-1607

Daily Average-2156

So should I eat 15% or 20% and what number my TDEE off scooby or of the Body Media

If you had several weeks or months of weekly data the BMF would probably be close to Scooby's. Did you use the K-McA formula? Do you know what your BF% is? Sounds like you could start at 1600, but don't be shocked if need to adjust up. What calorie level before starting this have you been using and for how long? You might want to read the stickies at the top on resetting, etc.
    Others on here will chime in to give their input. Good luck!
  • GoGoGadgetMum
    GoGoGadgetMum Posts: 292 Member
    Options

When you do a reset you actually eat at your TDEE , but make sure at the same time you NET your BMR.... so if your exercise cals bring your net under you have to eat some more.......does that make sense. Lots of new things to learn I know. I'm not familiar with the Body Media readings sorry.
  • jlhill7
    Options
    According to Scooby:
    BMR-1461
    TDEE-2009
    20%-1607

Daily Average-2156

If you had several weeks or months of weekly data the BMF would probably be close to Scooby's. Did you use the K-McA formula? Do you know what your BF% is? Sounds like you could start at 1600, but don't be shocked if need to adjust up. What calorie level before starting this have you been using and for how long? You might want to read the stickies at the top on resetting, etc.
    Others on here will chime in to give their input. Good luck!

According to USN my BF% is 41%
    BMI-30.4
    Prior Calorie goal for months was eating 1200 and eating back calories from exercise, then past 2 mos ate between 1300-1500 calorie intake.
  • kyunda
    kyunda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I'm new also and i kinda have the same question... Do i do the tdee-15% first or do i do the reset or doesnt it even matter? Or are they the same?