looking for recipes in preparing whey protein shake

Options
Hello all,

I am four days into my diet journey. I just received a bottle of whey protein and have no idea how to prepare to make it more interesting. I cant have any milk....I can eat 1 fruit and two vegetables along with a 600 calorie diet menu of protein. I am open to any suggestions.

Replies

• kayprincess08
    Options
    Have your tried soy mile or almond milk? I use soy milk in my shakes with any frozen fruit I have on hand. I've heard of putting spinich with fruit in your shakes that way you get some more veggies and don't worry you don't taste the spinich (at least that's what I'm told). Why are you only allowed to have such few calories and fruit and veggies? Not trying to be rude I was just wondering.
  • teamdj1
    teamdj1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I use Blue Diamond vanilla almond milk. It is 40cals per 1cup (8oz) it taste so yummy. I like to add banana or berries. Peanut butter or almond butter depending on what your likes are and cal intake a day. I make a shake every morning because it is convenient. :happy:
  • TrinaBurch
    TrinaBurch Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I use 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop designer gourmet vanilla whey and 1 cup of fruit - berries normally because they are lower carb.

You could try broccoli or spinach - I've heard they are good but I've never tried them.
  • jcjsjones
    jcjsjones Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I finally made a shake the other day that I could actually drink!

2 Scoops Whey Vanilia Protein Powder
    2 Strawberries
    1/2 Banana
    1/2 teaspoon Vanilia Extract
    4-5 Ice Cubes
    1/2 Cup Almond Milk
  • Mcctin65
    Mcctin65 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I finally made a shake the other day that I could actually drink!

2 Scoops Whey Vanilia Protein Powder
    2 Strawberries
    1/2 Banana
    1/2 teaspoon Vanilia Extract
    4-5 Ice Cubes
    1/2 Cup Almond Milk
    I have to try this! Sounds great!
    I usually do any frozen unsweetened fruit. It's like having a milkshake for breakfast.
  • ldbuster0
    Options
    I got this recipe from a low carb website that I am a member of.

1 scoop EAS Vanilla Protein Powder or your brand of vanilla. I use this brand because it is less expensive.
    1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla
    1 tablespoon Walden Farms Caramel Sauce

Mix all ingredients well in a blender. Try adding 1 teaspoon instant coffee to make a Starbucks Frappucino.

Calories: 160
    Carbs: 5 grams
    Protein: 24 grams
    Fat: 5 grams
  • admnmtpilot
    admnmtpilot Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere to add a Tbsp or 2 of your fav Instant Jell-o, and fruit for a fast meal on the run. I tried it with Strawberry Whey and Cheesecake Jell-o and some blended strawberries...it wasn't bad. The Jell-o thickened it up and was more like a shake.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    If you can't have milk, then why are you using whey protein? :huh:
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    In a blender:

Scoop of Whey
    Tablespoon of peanut butter
    1/2 banana
    Handful of baby spinach