Where are you on the trail?

Options
jetlag
jetlag Posts: 800 Member
I'm using this page:

http://www.summitpost.org/appalachian-trail-mileage-chart/593282

to work out where I am on the trail.

So far, I've done 57 miles and would have just left the Tray Mt shelter, Georgia! :D

Replies

• jetlag
    Options
    I'm in North Carolina! YAY!

Standing Indan Mt. I hope I get to see these places for real one day!
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I am at Deep Gap NC
  • jetlag
    Options
    Excellent!

My husband took me up to London yesterday for a pre birthday surprise which was a Twilight Tour of the Tower of London, so I got in 12.3 miles yesterday. Man do my feet hurt!

This puts my total at 145.11 and at Locust Grove Gap, NC.
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    156.2 Yellow Creek Gap, SR 1242
  • momwow17
    momwow17 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    I'm at the terminus at Springer Mountain, GA! Looking forward to the adventure : )
  • momwow17
    Options
    I'm still hanging out at Springer Mountain. Had too many things to do over the last couple of days to get started on my trek, but I expect to hit the trail today. looking forward to an adventure-filled northbound hike!
  • momwow17
    Options
    My virtual walk starts today!! So excited!
  • momwow17
    Options
    I've been walking a lot, but keep forgetting to turn on the AT app on my phone. Saturday, I hiked 5 miles at South Mountains State park in NC and Sunday, I completed 7 miles at a local green-way and YMCA track, but not sure where that puts me. I'll try to remember next time.

I believe I had a bear encounter on Saturday. I smelled an animal then rounded the bend in the trail and found fresh scat. The trees and bushes to my left also suddenly shook and bunches of acorns started falling down. I don't know what I would've done if I'd actually seen a bear. That's my biggest fear on the AT. Has anyone here encountered bears? Tell me about it.
  • momwow17
    Options
    I'm so excited!! I have an overnight hike planned in a couple of weeks to Grayson Highland, VA area of the AT. I'll post pics after!