Team Bob- Week 3 Challenge

Options

Replies

• bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I am planning to do my visionboard on Pinterest. I will send the link when done.

I did mine there too, thanks for the awesome idea!
  • bokatok
    Options
    Bokatok, I like your board.

Thank you, are you doing one there?
  • bokatok
    Options
    This could be a bad idea.... would anyone be interested in a shared Pinterest board for our team? We could all add stuff to motivate each other.
  • channon26
    channon26 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    the ab challenge looks exciting
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    I'm really just learning Pinterest but here is a link to my Vision Board:

http://pinterest.com/bokatok/my-motivational-board/

What a great board!! It turned out great! I have no idea how to do Pinterest. I'm sure I could learn. A shared board is a neat idea. I'm in if you guys want to do it!
    I'm sorry your daughter isn't feeling well. There is a lot going around right now. She is way too cute to be sick!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    the ab challenge looks exciting

I think it is pretty cool so far. I never was on that website before this. I love that it had some Bob Harper videos too. It seemed perfect for Team Bob!
  • mazarith
    mazarith Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'd be ok with doing a shared board...I don't know how many of the team is on pinterest though.

here's my inspiration/ vision board

http://pinterest.com/mazarith/strong-mfp-board/
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I'd be ok with doing a shared board...I don't know how many of the team is on pinterest though.

Great board Mazarith!:happy: I love the pictures of your children and your mom. Your mom looks like such a sweetie!
  • jahenry17
    jahenry17 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    i found it, i just went to the website & searched.
    i like this challenge...after two c-sections with HUGE babies ( one 11 lb & one 12 lb), i have diastasis recti. i will have to be careful and modify most exercises, but it's making me face a giant fear.

I am in the same boat. I had 3 vertical c-sections and 1 additional ab surgery. I find that the upper ab exercises and the obliques are doable. It is scary how weak the lower abs are due to the diastasis. After I get this 30 lbs off, I am not opposed to a tummy tuck just to put the muscles back together. The rest will be a bonus :-)
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I was able to do the 8-minute abs, with a few changes to protect my hip and low back [ still sore and week from my fall]. I'ym still logging my food and working on my vision board.I also walked for 45 minutes.
  • mazarith
    Options

Great board Mazarith!:happy: I love the pictures of your children and your mom. Your mom looks like such a sweetie!

Thanks! My mom was an amazing woman.... she passed away Nov 2, so she is a very big motivation for me.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    i found it, i just went to the website & searched.
    i like this challenge...after two c-sections with HUGE babies ( one 11 lb & one 12 lb), i have diastasis recti. i will have to be careful and modify most exercises, but it's making me face a giant fear.

I am in the same boat. I had 3 vertical c-sections and 1 additional ab surgery. I find that the upper ab exercises and the obliques are doable. It is scary how weak the lower abs are due to the diastasis. After I get this 30 lbs off, I am not opposed to a tummy tuck just to put the muscles back together. The rest will be a bonus :-)
    I would LOVE a tummy tuck if I could ever afford one. My tummy is so stretched out from those big babies!!
  • 6mimi
    Options

Thanks! My mom was an amazing woman.... she passed away Nov 2, so she is a very big motivation for me.

I am so sorry Mazarith! I can tell just from her picture that she was a sweet lady. I can see how she is a big motivation. She would be so proud of you and how hard you are working on your health. My parents both passed away when I was 13 and they also inspire me. Long distance hugs....
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I was able to do the 8-minute abs, with a few changes to protect my hip and low back [ still sore and week from my fall]. I'ym still logging my food and working on my vision board.I also walked for 45 minutes.

Carrie, you had a fantastic day! Great job!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I am still working on my vision board. I have lots of ideas of my inspiration and just need to get it all together. I stayed under my calories for the day. I was not able to do my ab workout. I had my hour with the trainer tonight and I am so sore and tired. I might puke!!:sad: I will do both days tomorrow. You guys are doing awesome! Keep up the great work. I am still so excited on how well we did this last week!!! I think we got this week too!!
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Completed Wednesday's challenge...it was NOT easy but I did it!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Great job yspen42! When we get out of our comfort zone is when we are going to make the most progress. I think our last weeks win by a landslide show us that! Fabulous work!:happy:
  • channon26
    channon26 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I did great with my calorie goal, i didn't get a chance to start on the ab challenge, but I I will today. Working on my board today.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Fabulous channon26! I know I gave you all a lot this week, but I just feel you guys mean business and will do what it takes to get the job done. I did day 1 of the ab and will do 2 and 3 later today. My body from head to toe was hurting due the Spinning class and the Personal Training session. By tonight I will feel better and get the job done. You are doing great on the challenges! I'm excited to hear about and/or see your board!
  • mazarith
    Options
    oh my goodness. i've done modified versions of the last two days of the challenge (not yet today's). my abs are SORE :sad:

this is making squats look like a walk in the park.