Team Bob- Week 3 Challenge

Options

Replies

• 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    oh my goodness. i've done modified versions of the last two days of the challenge (not yet today's). my abs are SORE :sad:

this is making squats look like a walk in the park.

I know whatcha mean!! It hurts to laugh!:laugh: :laugh: Ouch!
  • carrielynn62
    carrielynn62 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I did the ab challenge for today, and I have had to modify every day and boy are my abs sore, squats now seam easy compared to these.:laugh:
    I'm still working on my vision board, I'm going to put it on my fridge, as a reminder to me.
    I'm also logging my food and staying under my calories . I'm trying not to eat back exercise calories.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Fantastic Carrie! I know it must be hard for you to work your abs at all after that bad fall you had. Please be careful! You are doing so wonderful! Friendships make all of this work a whole lot more fun! :flowerforyou:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I did my abs challenges... I think my abs might explode in the near future. :sad: At dinner I kept telling my son "Don't make me laugh... it hurts".

I think I will probably have my board done tomorrow.

I was right on track with my calories and then a evening visit to the Urgent Care for my 9-year-old changed our dinner plans. I am too tired to finish logging but I think I may be over by just a little. I will push it harder in the gym tomorrow morning to make up for it just in case.

Team Bob gets an A+ for participation!!! I am really proud of you all and the teamwork we have here! :heart: you all!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Weekend Mini Challenge:heart:

Let's see how many servings of fruits and veggies we can get in this weekend! Besides updates on our weekly challenge, also log on here to show off your produce intake!:tongue:
  • carrielynn62
    Options
    today was to be my rest dat but I did the biggest loser last chance workout. tomarrow I will get back to the ab challenge.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Happy birthday Carrie!:flowerforyou: You did great getting in a workout on your big birthday. Do you realize how many people use that as an excuse to eat all day and not move their body? Not you!! Have a wonderful evening with your family!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Here is something interesting I wanted to share with the team. :happy:

Here’s a fun way to turn your driving time (e.g. sitting at a stop light) into a mini-workout and one that can do good things for your chest, shoulders and arms.

You’ll be using a principle called static contractions.

To work your chest, while keeping your arms straight out in front of you, place the inside of your wrists against the outside of the steering wheel in the 10 and 2 or 9 and 3 positions. Don’t grip the wheel. Now try squeezing the steering wheel and hold that squeeze for 6-10 seconds. Release and repeat two more times.

For shoulders, simply do the opposite; place the outside of the wrists on the inside of the steering wheel and push out (opposite of squeezing) and hold for 6-10 seconds. Release and repeat two more times.

For arms, place both palms of your hands under the steering wheel and tense the biceps. Hold this position for 6-10 seconds. Release and repeat two more times.
  • bokatok
    bokatok Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Team Bob Motivation Board

http://pinterest.com/bokatok/team-bob-motivation-board/

Not sure how to add people. Send me your email or Pinterest name and I can add you. Unless there is another way. I'm still new.
  • carrielynn62
    Options
    We had family and friends home all day I didn't log my food but I have had :
    lettuce, onion, tomato's blackberries strawberries, blueberries,cantalope and pineapple so our mini challenge i have done well. tomarrow we have another birthday party,but I will be logging every thing. I did the ab challenge for today and boy are my abs sore!!!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Great job Carrie! I hope you enjoyed your time with your family today. :smile: You rocked the mini challenge for sure!!! Sorry your abs hurt, but job well done!
  • 6mimi
    Options
    Team Bob Motivation Board

http://pinterest.com/bokatok/team-bob-motivation-board/

Not sure how to add people. Send me your email or Pinterest name and I can add you. Unless there is another way. I'm still new.

Thanks for setting up a motivation board for the team!! I am very new and don't know much about Pinterest but can have my daughter help me if needed! I just sent you my email!:flowerforyou:
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I logged all of my food and got my ab challenge in. I am still working on my Vision Board. On our mini challenge I did well today. I had spinach, strawberries, cranberries, broccoli, potatoes and onion. Hope you are all enjoying your weekend!!:happy:
  • bokatok
    Options
    I haven't been on much but I've been keeping everything up. Mini Challenge I had 2 Bananas, Zucchini, tomatoes and 2 veggie servings from my V8.
  • bokatok
    Options
    We had family and friends home all day I didn't log my food but I have had :
    lettuce, onion, tomato's blackberries strawberries, blueberries,cantalope and pineapple so our mini challenge i have done well. tomarrow we have another birthday party,but I will be logging every thing. I did the ab challenge for today and boy are my abs sore!!!

I want some of everything you listed. It all sounds good.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I haven't been on much but I've been keeping everything up. Mini Challenge I had 2 Bananas, Zucchini, tomatoes and 2 veggie servings from my V8.

Great job at keeping your momentum going!! You always do so well on your produce... I wasn't worried a bit about you!:tongue:
  • bokatok
    Options

Great job at keeping your momentum going!! You always do so well on your produce... I wasn't worried a bit about you!:tongue:

I try to make the right choices. Challenges like this one really help to keep me on track and focused. If I fill up on good stuff there's no room left for that other stuff I want. I don't know if it helps others but I love it.
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I had to do regular ab work today which consisted of 100 reps using the machine at the Y.

I have my vision picture on my frig.
  • 6mimi
    Options
    I had to do regular ab work today which consisted of 100 reps using the machine at the Y.

I have my vision picture on my frig.
    That's fabulous yspen42!:happy:

I'm going to put my vision board up in the kitchen too. I'll try to take a picture of it and post it later to share with the team. I also have a YMCA membership like you. I did have a Planet Fitness membership. It was only $10 a month so it met my needs. However, we recently changed to the Y so the whole family could be more active. It is more expensive but so worth it! My son is swimming, playing racquetball and can use a special gym for ages 9 - 13. I am taking classes and trying new things to challenge my body. It has been fun. Keep up your good work!
  • carrielynn62
    Options
    Mini challenge: Blueberries, strawberries, clementine,Corn,Broccoli,Apple, Lettuce,onion.

I also did the ab challenge and yoga and walked .

My daughter and her husband left early because of the threat of Icy roads. Have a great Sunday afternoon everyone!!!