Strength training at home

Options
jonb1980
jonb1980 Posts: 9 Member
I'm looking for a strength training routine that I can do at home with no equipment. I've had to drastically cut costs recently so I can't afford a gym membership or to purchase any fitness equipment. I'm doing okay with cardio by running and walking, but I have no idea what to do for strength training. (It also doesn't help that I've never really done strength training before.) Any ideas are definitely appreciated.

Replies

• wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Look up "30 Day Shred Level 1" by Jillian Michaels on YouTube. This is an intense workout with several strength training exercises mixed in with Cardio and Abs.

Examples: Push-ups, forward lunge/bicep-curl combo, squat-press, and a few others

I do this routine every other day right now, working up to every day, because if I use 10lb weights my arms get very sore.

It's not just strenght training but it'll give you some ideas.

good luck!
  • teachmagish
    teachmagish Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    There are tons of great exercises that use your own body weight for resistance. Push ups and pull ups are obvious, but poke around on the internet and you can find more of these. Also, ask around your friends and coworkers if they have a pull-up bar or set of resistance bands they aren't using. These things are relatively inexpensive but greatly increase what you are able to do. And many people probably have them lying around after attempting or completing something like P90X. Also, you can use heavy objects for resistance. Gallon jugs filled with water or sand, for example. Just be careful!
  • forgage
    forgage Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here is some workouts for you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POdzasJklxw