Weekly chat - Jan 21-27

Options
shorty313
shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
Welcome to our weekly thread! Please feel free to repost the thread on Monday of each new week. Just remember to change the dates in the topic title.

We post here for motivation and support. Feel free to share your successes and your failures. Really, you should feel free to share whatever is on your mind. Just be respectful and expect respect in return.

☞ Name/nickname reminders -
Carrie (camsmommy2008)
Sara Grace (SaraGrace82)
Susan or Susie (susieq101178)
Debbie (shorty313)
Jackie (jaxygirl)
Sonya (sonyachan)
Ellie (ellie78)
CurlyPep (lilpe5512)
Harold (hcdawg)
Jill (Blueyz82)
Dan (G3tR1pp3d)
Stacy (chanstriste13)
Cristi (blueeyedcrist)
Amanda (AmandaK3)
Bishop or Todd(BishopSmurf)
Kelli (daisy51981)
Sarah (SarLem81)
Clare (clareeast)
Amanda (WhiteCloud)
Emma (elstein)
Cynthia (saihtnyc)
Emily (emom3boys)
Randy (Randyamc)
Sandra (Leeloominai01)
Toni (Themoodys13)
Corey (coreyisaacs)
Joe (misterbigg36)
Dee (Dedee36)
Tawnya (RubytOU)
Mariesa (princessmariesa)
Sri (slimntrim77)
Becky (altheiathepixie)
Melissa (MdmAcolyte)
James (Wolfjj79)
Ijs_leggo

Replies

• shorty313
    shorty313 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The day off yesterday for MLK three me off a bit, but I'm back at it!
  • WhiteCloud9
    WhiteCloud9 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    It's funny that my hardest days of tracking, eating right, and exercising are when my husband has the day off with me. Both of us work crazy shifts so time off together takes priority over everything else.

I now have new motivation for getting in shape: my stepdaughter's wedding! They are engaged as of Sunday and are talking about September 2014 for the wedding. Plenty of time to get myself in shape!
  • wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    My hardest days for tracking are Sat/Sun. I just never seem to want to do anything since I'm off work and I, too, like to relax and spend it with my wife. The last few weekends I've been yo-yoing my weight loss between 235 and 239. It seems that by the end of the week I'm down to 235, but on Monday I'm back up to 239. This is really getting frustrating.
  • Spartan_Guy
    Spartan_Guy Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    The day off yesterday for MLK three me off a bit, but I'm back at it!

Hi all! New to the group--I'm Paul.

Weekends are tough. I do kickboxing three times a week and crossfit two days a week, so I generally take Saturday and Sunday off. For the most part I can maintain, but I'm sure it would be better if I could squeeze in a light run or some squats or something on the weekends. It's just that my bed and couch are SO comfortable, and I always need to catch up on my sleep (even though that's not really possible).

Anyway, when I'm tempted to indulge on the weekends, I think back to the most painful moment of the week's workout and then realize that I'm about to completely destroy all of that hard work...that usually is enough to convince me to take a pass :D
  • wolfjj79
    wolfjj79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I usually do my routines during the week, but when the weekend comes I tend to slack off too much. I'm thinking of adding a short run each day, but again, weekends are so nice to just relax...