Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any surgical menopause 40 something women on here?

2»

Replies

• lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    I did the same thing! I've gained about 9 pounds since my surgery in April this year. It's depressing. The hot flashes have gotten more tolerable, but the mood swings seem to have gotten worse. I can't have hormones due to having had cancer, but I"m scared to try the Lexapro for my moods because antidepressants could make me gain even more weight! Giving this my best shot, I'm only 41, but at the rate I"ve gained weight they'll be rolling me around by the time I'm 50, lol!

Lexapro didn't make me gain weight. If anything, it makes me feel good enough to get out of bed and exercise. It could affect you differently, but if so, you could talk to your doctor and taper off of it. Also, I have fewer side effects with Celexa, which is cheap Lexapro, so if one doesn't work, there is another similar-but-not-completely-identical medication you could try.