Smyrna

Options
likitisplit
likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
I'm working the C25K program and am in Smyrna. I have two small kids as well. If anybody wants to meet up to do active, kid-friendly activities on the weekends, let me know.

Replies

• Capt_Inzane
    Capt_Inzane Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I have a 3 year old almost four. How old are your children? We typically go to the park and just walk around and I'll let him play on the playground to be around others. I'm always trying to find things to do. I typically have my son every other weekend but if we plan something I can get him anytime let me know!!
  • likitisplit
    Options
    I have a three year old and a 1 1/2 year old. Which parks do you like to go to?
  • Capt_Inzane
    Options
    I live off of hurt road and go to the park that's on the same road.
    Hurt Road Park

It's not really a great park has a 1/4 mile gravel track and a small playground. I need to find better ones but it's just so close to the house.

http://mapq.st/10CC2Hx
  • likitisplit
    Options
    We haven't been there since they re-did it. I've started doing my speed work on that track. Are you still running?
  • Capt_Inzane
    Options
    I'm not really running at the park right now more or less strolling around with my son 2.0 mph type stuff. I need to start upping everything so this month is kind of a push month for me. I really want to break into the 280's (been stuck around 290-295 for a very long time). I tried to run on the treadmill and honestly as big as I am it hurts the knees somewhat so I have to go back to the elliptical.
  • likitisplit
    Options
    My next two weekends are kind of booked, but I'll let you know the next time I plan a walk on the Silver Comet.