Any good Paleo recipe sites with nurtition given?

Options
I want to start Paleo, however noticed (similar to someone else's post) that there aren't a whole lot of sites that include nutritional values. I still want to track my calorie intake to make sure I'm staying within range, even if I am eating cleaner.

Any good website suggestions?

Replies

• MikeFlyMike
    MikeFlyMike Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    umm.. MFP? plenty of nutritional values here.
    That is unless you are thinking paleo recipe sites. Yea, you aren't going to find nutritional information - we aren't a commercialized bunch. But you can easily add all the ingredients and come up with it. I wouldn't fret so much. I tracked just to make sure I wasn't eating too many carbs and that I was getting enough protein. I found calories didn't matter so much, mostly because it is really hard to over eat (watch out for starchy veggies and nuts)
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    umm.. MFP? plenty of nutritional values here.
    That is unless you are thinking paleo recipe sites. Yea, you aren't going to find nutritional information - we aren't a commercialized bunch. But you can easily add all the ingredients and come up with it. I wouldn't fret so much. I tracked just to make sure I wasn't eating too many carbs and that I was getting enough protein. I found calories didn't matter so much, mostly because it is really hard to over eat (watch out for starchy veggies and nuts)

This. What exactly do you need to add to your food log that isn't a basic ingredients? It's all in the database and if it isn't (which I would be surprised by) you can add it!

Give it a go don't get hung up on the small things if you want to try!
  • ajourney2beme
    ajourney2beme Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I have personally not seen any nutritional values on any Paleo/Primal recipes I've looked at. Anything I make recipe wise that requires a lot of ingredients that are mixed together, and makes a lot of that item, I will plug into the MFP recipe counter. I made some primal fudge for a get together with friends (so that I could have some too!) and I had to plug it into MFP as a recipe to figure out how much each piece would be. Luckily I did though cause I got a different amount of pieces than the original recipe called for. I'm going to be making cabbage rolls and I'm going to have to do the same thing because it's a lot of ingredients mixed together and I might get a different amount of rolls than the original recipe. Otherwise I just track everything individually. My normal breakfast is an omelette and I just plug in the items individually (or if you make the same kind every day you could make it a 'meal' but I change mine up). Same with Salads and stuff, my items change every time I have them so I just plug it in individually. If it's a recipe and I'm halving it to make it 2 servings (one for me and one for my bf) I will usually individual item add those type of recipes.

I have to agree with Mike though. I track to make sure I am not eating too many carbs, because I am trying to lose weight. My first couple of days I wasn't hitting 1200 calories a day and that worried me but I had to get over that. After some trial and error over the first week I now easily hit 1200-1500, without purposely aiming towards it, I know i've made healthy choices and it's quality items and I've been FULL all day and not feeling like i've been deprived of anything.

ok, i've rambled on enough :D

GOOD LUCK!!
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I track everything still, If I make a recipe not showing the nutritional values , I add the recipe to my foods here on MFP to get the calories etc. and save in my recipes.
  • sbauer1221
    sbauer1221 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I do agree MFP has pretty much everything, I was just trying to see if there was anything else out there. I will also try not to get too caught up in the calories, but I just want to make sure I'm staying on track as much as I can since this is my first run at it!