How far along are you?
    What # pregnancy is it for you?
    What are you doing for your workout?
    How are you eating?
    How are you feeling??
    How much have you gained?

-I am currently 36 weeks..
    -Baby #2 :)
    -Still lifting weights pretty heavily 2-3 days a week.. Had to stop running last week due to major ligament pain.. Just too much stretching.. :( Totally bummed about that, but still trying to walk on the treadmill, with lots of incline at least 3 days week. Definitely slowing down!
    -Eating is going okay... some days better than others. :)
    -Feeling HEAVY and tired.. READY to get this birth on!!
    -Gained about 20 lbs. but it fluctuates a LOT with water weight.

So thankful I've been able to stay active throughout this pregnancy, especially now that I'm having to slow down!
    I'm still lifting pretty heavily.. I still make myself good and sore! :)

How about you gals??
  • sseratt
    sseratt Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I have been a marathon runner for 7 years and am still doing half marathons. Last year I did an ultra and that was really awesome. I went back to the trail run where I did my 60k and did the 23k this year. I am 4 months right now and I have 2 half marathons left. The last one will be around 6 months along. I lift 3-4 days and run 3 days. Sometimes I switch a lift day for zumba, pilates, or yoga. I get very tired of hearing people telling me that I "need to stop that running" and "you shouldn't be lifting so much". Of course, these people do not exercise and do not understand. Normally, even if I am tired, I will start with 10 mins. After that, if I am still tired and not into it, at least I tried. Normally, I hang in for my 45 min routine. I had to stop my crossfit type workouts and HIIT since I tend to get dizzy, but other than that, I watch my intensity and continue with my routine. My husband is a big supporter of my gym time and we workout together as much as possible with his schedule.

Good luck ladies! Keep it up!
  • Rubyayn
    Rubyayn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Okay ladies, give us an UPDATE!!

How far along are you?
    How are you eating?
    How are you feeling??

-Still lifting weights pretty heavily 2-3 days a week.. Had to stop running last week due to major ligament pain.. Just too much stretching.. :( Totally bummed about that, but still trying to walk on the treadmill, with lots of incline at least 3 days week. Definitely slowing down!

So thankful I've been able to stay active throughout this pregnancy, especially now that I'm having to slow down!

How about you gals??

You are my inspiration!!!! I will have to come back in read this if I ever lose my "motivation". Honestly, I think motivation is overrated and what you really need is commitment and routine. It seems you have an abundance of both!!

Here are my stats.

I am nine weeks
    This is my second pregnancy
    I do a three day split lifting routine. I have not increased my weights, but lift pretty heavy. I run or elliptical 3-4 days per week and do yoga 2 times per week.
    I am eating 2150-2200 calories per day and maintaining thus far. These were my maintenence calories before I got pregnant. I am looking forward to adding more in the next few weeks. I love to eat!! Healthy, of course. I have been a little lower on protien due to food aversions, but I expect that to get better soon.
    I feel pretty good! I actually feel like my old self when I am working out and look forward to it even more than I used to. I am a LOT less tired than I was the last pregnancy and overall just feel better than I did then. I 100% credit my healthy lifestyle for that.
    I have gained 0-3 lbs... depending on bloat really.
  • acampbe2umd
    acampbe2umd Posts: 145 Member
    Options

How far along are you?
    How are you eating?
    How are you feeling??

How about you gals??

Nice work!!

-delivering on Tuesday via scheduled c-section unless I go early
    -baby #3
    - lifting probably 2-3 days per week, cardio 3-4 days and a walk on days where I do nothing. Cardio days are typically swimming, elliptical or bike at this stage.
    -eating is getting challenging, I think I'm at the stage where I'm like, yum, this is it, I need to buckle down once I have this baby, so one donut isn't going to kill me. Still keeping in line for calories each day though.
    -feeling really good - lots of contractions last week and even spent 6 hours in the hospital where they prepped me for an early c to stall and they sent me home. I feel 100 times better than last week though, so solid week so far, which is good because it's my last!
    -gain is at 34lbs, which is pretty good for me. I gained 39 and 43 with the others and I managed to bounce back after both of those, so I like I'm in a bit better position this go around :)

I set forth two goals for myself this pregnancy - keep wearing my rings until I deliver and no stretch marks. I've accomplished both to date with less than 6 days to go, so I'm feeling really good about this pregnancy and my progress to date. Can't wait to get back out there and hit the working out hard at 6w pp!!
  • BBeccaJean
    BBeccaJean Posts: 453 Member
    Options

How far along are you?
    *27w3d

*Cardio 3x/week (treadmill (jog/walk/incline)/stair stepper/elliptical) and light weights 1-2x/week (30-45 minutes for both)

How are you eating?
    *Way too much! Need to slow down on the not-so-complex carbs...

How are you feeling??
    *Bloated--feeling like a beach ball. Other than that, I feel pretty good!

*I was at 13 lbs gained a week ago, I weigh tomorrow, we'll see what the damage is.

Good job everyone and I hope all goes well on your c-section acampbe!
  • rosy003
    rosy003 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    How far along are you?
    26 w 3 d

Elliptical 3x/week (I try for 30 minutes) and weights 3x week (40 minutes)

How are you eating?
    Doing pretty well- had a rough weekend with DD's birthday and parents being in town, but overall I'm feeling good about my diet.

How are you feeling??
    TIRED. I know I don't get enough sleep- I fight bedtime like a toddler but I wake up everyday at 5am. I need to go to bed earlier!

13 lbs as of Monday.
  • BlondAnnieOakley
    BlondAnnieOakley Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have been a marathon runner for 7 years and am still doing half marathons. Last year I did an ultra and that was really awesome. I went back to the trail run where I did my 60k and did the 23k this year. I am 4 months right now and I have 2 half marathons left. The last one will be around 6 months along. I lift 3-4 days and run 3 days. Sometimes I switch a lift day for zumba, pilates, or yoga. I get very tired of hearing people telling me that I "need to stop that running" and "you shouldn't be lifting so much". Of course, these people do not exercise and do not understand. Normally, even if I am tired, I will start with 10 mins. After that, if I am still tired and not into it, at least I tried. Normally, I hang in for my 45 min routine. I had to stop my crossfit type workouts and HIIT since I tend to get dizzy, but other than that, I watch my intensity and continue with my routine. My husband is a big supporter of my gym time and we workout together as much as possible with his schedule.

Good luck ladies! Keep it up!

Good for you!!! Don't listen to those people who tell you that! I practically lived in the gym with my last pregnancy and was lifting VERY heavy up until the day before I went into labor!! And I'm SO thankful I did!! More and more studies are coming out PROVING that mama's who stay fit during pregnancy have MUCH better deliveries and healthier babies!! Keep it up!!
    I would still be running if not for too much ligament pain... :( I feel like a wimp! I threw up a white flag with running and decided there was enough other stuff to do.. I ran and did HIIT training up until 35 weeks! You'll do great!!
    Good job!!! Keep us posted!!
  • BlondAnnieOakley
    BlondAnnieOakley Posts: 28 Member
    Options

How far along are you?
    How are you eating?
    How are you feeling??

How about you gals??

Nice work!!

-delivering on Tuesday via scheduled c-section unless I go early
    -baby #3
    - lifting probably 2-3 days per week, cardio 3-4 days and a walk on days where I do nothing. Cardio days are typically swimming, elliptical or bike at this stage.
    -eating is getting challenging, I think I'm at the stage where I'm like, yum, this is it, I need to buckle down once I have this baby, so one donut isn't going to kill me. Still keeping in line for calories each day though.
    -feeling really good - lots of contractions last week and even spent 6 hours in the hospital where they prepped me for an early c to stall and they sent me home. I feel 100 times better than last week though, so solid week so far, which is good because it's my last!
    -gain is at 34lbs, which is pretty good for me. I gained 39 and 43 with the others and I managed to bounce back after both of those, so I like I'm in a bit better position this go around :)

I set forth two goals for myself this pregnancy - keep wearing my rings until I deliver and no stretch marks. I've accomplished both to date with less than 6 days to go, so I'm feeling really good about this pregnancy and my progress to date. Can't wait to get back out there and hit the working out hard at 6w pp!!

WOW!!! Good for you!!! 34 lbs. sounds really good and healthy!
    I'm totally with you on the food thing... I've got to really keep my focus though because I've got 4 weeks to go! I could do a LOT of damage in 4 weeks :)
    Great job on your workout routine!!! I'm very impressed!!
    Let us know how the delivery goes!!
  • obum88
    obum88 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    How far along are you? 33 weeks
    What # pregnancy is it for you? #2
    What are you doing for your workout? I am trying to keep with my walk at home dvds and Zumba dvds but I try to get in about 5000 steps a day and count my running around at work for 8-12 hours depending on which job I am at.
    How are you eating? I find I have days of being good, followed by days of being too restrictive, followed by days of sleeping too much, then followed by a working day which usually ends with several days of all out ridiculousness and weeping on the scale then rinse and repeat. Trying to get a handle on it and will probably get better once I go on maternity leave.
    How are you feeling?? tired, tried and tired. Hip pain is killer, but happy for all the time off to prep for baby, exercise and eat right one last time before he come
    How much have you gained? according the one doc I am at 21Ibs gain, according to another 17ibs gained and personally 15 Ibs we all have different start weights

When is everyone planning to stop working? I am trying to figure that out and will talk to the doctor about it.
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    How far along? 26 weeks 5 days

What # pregnancy is it for you? Baby #4

What are you doing for your workout? Zumba 3 days a week when I can

How are you eating? Not great, but not as bad as past pregnancies. Can't figure out why in the world I'm gaining more than past ones when my eating isn't as horrible and I'm exercising this time around. :(

How are you feeling?? Frustrated at not being able to keep up on everything. My house, my kids, working out, my marriage, all just seem to require more than I feel I have to give at the moment. It bothers me to be so tired and unable to do all that needs done. I get contractions frequently all day, every day, and sometimes they force me to lie down for a bit to stop them. Drives me crazy to feel so physically limited all the time.

How much have you gained? Around 22 lbs. Arg! That's how much I gained TOTAL with my last baby, but I was slightly overweight to start with that time. I gained 10 lbs in the first 20 weeks and it's been like 2 lbs a week since then! Can't figure it out!
  • kori333
    kori333 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    When is everyone planning to stop working? I am trying to figure that out and will talk to the doctor about it.

I don't plan on stopping as long as I'm handling it okay. I've definitely lowered my efforts at Zumba because if I don't then I get contractions like crazy or horrible ligament pains, but I plan on continuing til the end. My midwife is fine with it as long as I'm listening to my body. If it gets to the point that I can no longer do that, I'll still do the elliptical or go for walks, ANYTHING to keep myself somewhat in shape. I've heard it helps a lot with the birth and recovery and I'm anxious for those benefits!
  • freckledLeanne
    freckledLeanne Posts: 111 Member
    Options

How far along are you?
    How are you eating?
    How are you feeling??

- I'm just over 22 weeks now (first pregnancy).
    - I'm wearing around my fitbit, aiming for 10,000 steps a day. Though I just got back from vacation in Barcelona, where that number was usually closer to 25,000/day (which made me feel better about missing the gym and eating ALL OF THE PASTRY FOR BREAKFAST). Now, I'm back to the gym 4-5 days a week, lifting heavy (which is a subjective term these days) with a trainer for two of those days and either complement weight lifting the other days or elliptical, or both (depending on how my body is feeling).
    - I'm eating pretty well. My husband made a decision in January to eat a diet that is lower on the glycemic index (no gluten is part of it). I'm not being strict about it at all -- I'll have breakfast sandwiches or whatever if I need it, and will opt for the fruits/vegetables I want even if they are higher on the list because a) they're better than junk and b) I need variety, damn it! Part of this means that I have way higher energy than I'd have otherwise (less sugar crashes throughout the day). I eat around 2,000 calories most days (which is hard to do without starchy things and complex carbs), though some days I only get to about 1,600 before I'm too full for more. Tracking here helps ensure I'm getting all my vitamins/nutrients though.
    - Feeling great, generally speaking. I love the comments I get from the regulars at my gym and the trainers, who are incredibly supportive and helpful as I work out to ensure I'm doing things safely.
    - At my doctor's appointment on Tuesday, I was down 2 pounds from my starting weight. I was overweight to begin with, and the doctor's not concerned at all -- it's a result of weight lifting, not drinking, and eating fairly healthy.
  • _ylime_
    _ylime_ Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    How far along are you? 14 weeks

What # pregnancy is it for you? 1

What are you doing for your workout? I walk several miles each day, go to crossfit 3x per week, run when I feel like it, and I just got a couple DVDs with yoga / pilates (I need more structure for my "stretching" - plus I wanted soemthing to do at home on days I am feeling off). I'll let you ladies know how I like them once they arrive!

How are you eating? Ok. I feel like I am ALWAYS eating. But I am doing better, getting in more protein and veggies. I average 2400 NET calories per day, sometimes as much as 2600...

How are you feeling?? Just starting to feel better. I only feel sick during the evening, which is better than all day!

How much have you gained? 0.0 Nothing so far - I am sure that will change soon!

Keep it up ladies!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kellykneppergrundy
    kellykneppergrundy Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    How far along are you?
    *22w1d

*kettlebells 3x a week for 40 minutes, aquanatal class one time a week, and cardio for 3x a week for various amounts of time depending on how I feel. I'm really enjoying all the free excercise videos on fitnessblender.com as there are loads of different style of cardio to try. I really like the Barre class one and the kickboxing one and there are quite a few short standing ab routines that are perfect for us preggos! Also started taking my daughter swimming once a week to help with the SPD pain too.

How are you eating?
    *Not too bad. I'll admit I could probably eat more some days, but I'm scared going into this time frame as it's when I put on soooo much weight with my first pregnancy. We eat pretty much everything made from scratch and pretty healthily but I probably save too many calories for treats when I should be having more protein and fruit. I'm eating about 2,000 calories and netting about 1,600.

How are you feeling??
    *Good most days, I have the occasional day when I get bad SPD and hip pain and don't sleep so well on those days. I good walk does help though. I'm tired a lot and frustrated that there is so much that needs to be done before the baby comes and i can't manage the energy to do it.

*I have gained 1 pound so far but will definately be up at my next weigh in next week. Just trying to keep under my gains week by week with my first pregnancy and have just started to do that.

I'm grateful not to be working this time around, as I have more time for fitness, and more time to make healthy meals.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    14 weeks

First pregnancy- had a partial molar miscarriage last year in April

Am only just starting to ease back into my workouts... was very exhausted from weeks 8-12, as I'm working full time (often 6 days a week and sometimes 12 hour days) and doing university long distance. Have started to get back into the lifting, and try to do 30 minutes cardio each time I go to the gym.

My eating is ok, but I know it could be better.

Feeling... somewhat bloated, and there are days it still doesn't feel real! I'm still tired a lot of the time, mostly due to work, I think. Have really been quite lucky, not much nausea, just so tired and painful boobs.

Think I have gained 1-2kgs.

Glad I read through this thread, I feel much more motivated to keep up with my workout routine.

Also, living in Turkey, the doctors all basically advise almost no exercise at all, and I got some... uncomfortable looks when I asked about weight lifting. It is refreshing to read what everyone else is doing. I know keeping up with workouts (especially if you were active before) is beneficial, but my husband (being Turkish) tends to take the doctors at their words. I'm sure I'll get some nasty looks when I start to show more and use weights at the gym.
  • pineygirl
    pineygirl Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    How far along are you?
    6 weeks (still to be confirmed by ultrasound)

Elliptical 3x/week 40-45 minutes, and a strength training circuit with 8-30lbs dubmells, 20lbs and 40lbs kettlebells, a bosu, and a stability ball. I also do body weight exercises like chin ups/pull ups, push ups and tricep dips.

As I get further along I'll modify this circuit as needed due to my growing belly, extra balance and shifting center of balance.

How are you eating?
    I'm doing pretty well. I'm eating pretty healthy. My macros are around 35/35/30. I eat a decent amount of protein, fruit and veggies, nuts and seeds, and olive oil. I try to eat complex whole grain carbs (with the exception of potatoes once in a while). I'm eating 1500-2000 calories a day depending on how active I am. I wear a fitbit to track my TDEE, and a HRM for my elliptical workouts to get a decent idea of what I burn in a day.

How are you feeling??
    Fine so far. I'm sure this is going to change as it's still early. No morning sickness, only get queasy when I'm working out too intensely on the elliptical or trying to do things like jumping jacks, burpees and mountain climbers (which I have stopped doing since I found out I was expecting).

I've actually lost 6lbs since I conceived. I had been trying to lose weight lost 3lbs before I conceived. When I didn't know I was pregnant I lost 4lbs more. Once I got my BFP I stopped trying to lose, and started eating at maintenance. 2lbs more came off.

I'm thinking the recent weight loss could be just due to me not training as intensely as I was before, so my muscles might be retaining less water.