Options
dtban
dtban Posts: 111 Member
Day 1 check in for me Starting Weight = 168.5lbs

Replies

• april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I am April. Day 1= 185.5 lbs. I am fairly new to TJ. I have a few aside from learn and burn and will do 5 a week alternating various if this is okay. Are you just doing the same workout Learn & Burn 5 days a week for six weeks?
  • dtban
    Options
    i lost all of my other DVDs :-( but i am hoping to get more again soon so for now i will be doing the learn in burn i will do it once one day and twice the next day and once again then twice just to change up a bit
  • bscales1
    bscales1 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm checking in for Day1 at 186 lbs. I will try to do TJ 2 to 4 times per week for 20 minutes. And will report back.
    They say writing down your goals and sharing with others will greatly increase the chance of success.
  • dtban
    Options
    Hi. I'm checking in for Day1 at 186 lbs. I will try to do TJ 2 to 4 times per week for 20 minutes. And will report back.
    They say writing down your goals and sharing with others will greatly increase the chance of success.

you are absolutly right! planning ahead what you are going to eat and when you are going to exercise and having people to back you up with this website is a great way to keep on track.

my nutritionist told me the best thing you could ever do to lose weight is to cook large meals and before you even sit down to eat immediatly do up as many plates as you can get out of it so you can put left overs in the fridge for the next day that way you will eat only 1 meal for supper and not have seconds or thirds. WOW this really works, whenever i cook i always get enough for lunch and supper the next day. I posted pics on my profile of what i cooked last night, we got supper, lunch, and supper again for my husband and i, when in our old eating habbits we would have eaten it all at one sitting

good luck with your workouts I am sure you will do great!
  • dtban
    Options
    Don't forget to check in at the end of your first week...my check in will be tomorrow..*crossed fingers*
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Tomorrow is my normal day of weight in with another group on here. However, I am not feeling a weight loss this week. It's okay but, I have been following the workouts. Tonight will be doing TJ 20 min and Abs possibly more walking also. I have lost all 3 weeks through the other group but, not so sure I am feeling it this 4th week. We will see tomorrow. I really blew it food wise on Sunday. I am not beating myself up. It's a slow process and I am not in a rush. I will continue on no matter what.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Okay so I gained this week...argh. it's okay. I have lost every week but this one. My eating was not good this weekend. Could also be the adding of more workouts.

LW 185.5
    CW 187.6
  • bscales1
    Options
    WEEK 1 CHECK IN = 186 lbs. NET CHANGE = zero
    Although no change, it is lower than my average the last few months. Will try a little harder and see what happens in week 2.
  • dtban
    Options
    well i gained almost 2 lbs since my last weigh in, i have been eating well and working out hard, my nutritionist said it was lean muscle mass i am still losing fat which was reassuring. :-)
  • dtban
    Options
    how's everyone doing? not much discussion going on lately....remember to check in after week #2, I wont be checking in as i have no scale at home and dont see my nutritionist for another couple of weeks but will def. check in then ..good luck guys keep up the good work.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    doing well and will be checking in tomorrow.
  • bscales1
    Options
    dtban and April and all.... I do read your posts and they do motivate me to keep trying....so thank you. I count calories and do 20 minutes of exercise at least 4 times per week. No measurable weight benefits yet but I do feel better so will continue. I enjoy TJ Abs and TJ 20 minutes. TJ Cardio is my least favorite because they change to a different exercise too quickly for me. I have been using the elliptical quite often. I choose whatever exercise I feel like doing each day....changing it up so I don't get bored. And going outdoors to shovel snow this week was fun, too. Keep up the good work all of you.
  • april_mesk
    Options
    Okay, I am up earlier than normal and weighed myself (usually do in morning anyways). I am thrilled to say I have lost 3.4 lbs!!! Yay. I worked very hard this week and felt the change. Surprised it was this much but, okay and maybe next week I can get back into the 170s (maybe)...not pushing that. Just happy with a loss.
  • dtban
    Options
    AMAZING!! Good job!!
  • Chrys6
    Chrys6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I'm checking in at Day 2...starting at 178 pounds. Pushing to get down to at least 150. Ultimately I just want to feel healthy and right now i'm definitely not there. I hope all of you reach your goals. :-)
  • bscales1
    Options
    WEEK 2 Check-in = 185 lbs. Net Change = lost 1 lb. What did I learn this week.... music makes exercise much easier.
    Welcome to the group Chrys6.
  • dtban
    Options
    WEEK 2 Check-in = 185 lbs. Net Change = lost 1 lb. What did I learn this week.... music makes exercise much easier.

Good job bscales and welcome to the group chrys :happy:
  • Chrys6
    Chrys6 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome guys....I'm loving the calorie counting so far..but keeping up with the exercise routine is a little more difficult than I thought (slim in 6 in the morning; turbo jam in the evenings)
  • april_mesk
    Options

Absolutely on the music! I just can't workout without it. Good for you on loss and yes welcome Chrys6.
  • dtban
    Options
    good morning my dear dear friends!! Well I wont be exercising any more, and I will be steadily gaining weight from now on, however, I will still be tracking my food to make sure I eat healthy. Tomorrow is my birthday, and I just got the best gift ever!! I am pregnant again!!!!! I wont be working out because we had 2 miscarriages in the past and I wont take any chances with this one, but will still take care of myself with my food :-)