PIneapple Chili

Options
This stuff is amazing! Its the only kind I make now. Its super easy, low fat and calorie, and delicious!

You will need:

1 pound lean ground turkey, cooked
large green bell pepper, chopped
med-large purple onion, chopped
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1TB Chili powder
1 jar of Newmans Own Pineapple Salsa
small can of tomato sauce

Directions:

Throw everything in a pot and stir. Add enough water to your desired consistency. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for about 30-40 min stirring occasionally. It tastes even yummier and sweeter the next day. When we have leftovers I like to pour some over romaine lettuce with some avocado and sour cream for a quick taco salad! This recipe feeds about 4 adults, You may need to double if you feed a large family or if you would like to freeze a batch for later on! You wont be disappointed I promise!!!

Replies

• fludderbye
    fludderbye Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    That sounds oddly good

I cant wait to make it

Thanks for sharring
  • jillsjourney
    jillsjourney Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    This sounds good. I think even my boys might like it!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,234 Member
    Options
    Sounds delish. I'm going to try it.
  • teamdj1
    teamdj1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Sounds really good I may add a jalapeno to it also. mmmmm Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I think I'll try this one in my slow cooker. Judging by your directions it should probably cook about 4-6 hours on low.
  • toddka1
    toddka1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy. Going to give it a try. Already do my chili with Turkey meat.
  • 120weeks
    120weeks Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    This sounds SO yummy! I am going to try it but with a homemade pineapple salsa and fresh tomatoes (sodium will be lower). YAY! Thank you!
  • Lonewolf1507
    Lonewolf1507 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing about using a slow cooker, will also have to make my own Pineapple Salsa as it's not sold in England.

Thank you for sharing.

Andy
  • JoanneC_Walks
    JoanneC_Walks Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thanks Candygirl,

I made this chili over the weekend and it was great! It's now my husband's new favorite chili. I had some frozen corn on hand s,o I threw a half cup of that into the chili. I'll definitely be making it again before chili weather is over. Thanks again for sharing!

Good luck on your weight loss goals.

JoanneC