Inches vs. Pounds

Options
aggiejk94
aggiejk94 Posts: 14 Member
I have hypothyroidism, have been recently rechecked to make sure I'm on the correct dosage and was switched off the generic to make sure it's not a problem. I have been on medication about 8 years and have struggled to lose weight. I began again right before Christmas and the scale won't seem to move in the past several weeks.I have been exercising 6 days a week, eating my 1500 calories or more if earned back through exercise. I have lost about 6 inches off my waist and a few inches in other places. I can tell some difference in clothes fitting, but how can inches be coming off without scale movement? Shouldn't I be losing something?

I am working on fitting weight lifting into my routine and drinking plenty of water. So, why inches and not pounds?

Replies

• dare2love81
    dare2love81 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    The scale is the devil. Seriously. While I use it to make sure I'm not gaining like crazy, I go by how my clothes are fitting as a more realistic gauge on how I'm doing. Don't stress it. Keep doing what you're doing and in time you'll see the scale go down as well.

:flowerforyou:
  • Blakelynn3
    Blakelynn3 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism (specifically hashimotos) and I too am sloooowly losing weight but I'm losing inches fairly quickly. I've lost 16.5 inches over all since I've started and only 9lbs. It's frustrating but to me, losing inches means I'm losing fat. Which means I'm getting healthier, regardless what the scale says. So, I'll take it for now. And I know that the weight has to come off eventually if I continue to live a healthy lifestyle.
  • lacaro1
    lacaro1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    If you are losing inches that is great!! Losing inches but not poundsmeans you are buildung muscles AND losing fat (muscles are way more compact than fat), so the dream combination! If you can manage it, you should avoid the scale for a few weeks, but measure yourself regularly!
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I think losing inches is way better than losing pounds.