Strict or not?

Options
Jazzyjules71
Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
I was wondering how strict people are with the whole 30? I'm allowing myself a little margin of error and not restarting if I go a little off course. My goal is 90-95% on plan. Like tonight went awry and I ended up with a McDonalds salad for dinner (I never get these). Well it had a little corn and tortilla strips in it. I mean a little. I did the best I could with a weird night, and I'm not going to worry about it.

What other opinions are there on strictness?

Replies

• ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    According to Melissa and Dallas, in order to get the full benefits of the "program" is to completely avoid cheats and slip ups. With that said...it is very very hard to do that when life happens and things get in the way. I have been eating a paleo diet for 7 months and I am pretty strict but am not 100 percent all the time. I do try to aim for perfection but it is hard and stressful which in my opinion is counterintuitive for the program. So to answer your question I wouldn't start over, I would keep heading towards your goals. Reflecting and improving! That's my philosophy!
  • skwidlund
    skwidlund Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty strict with grains, gluten, legumes, etc. while on a Whole30 and I don't paleofy any recipes either. If I'm going to give myself a little slack, it's with oils while eating out (though I try to keep that to the minimum). I do think it's up to each person to decide where their rules lie, but I try to stay pretty close to the program because I know it's how I'm going to see the most results.
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    thanks for the answers! I definitely want to be as close to the "program" as I can, but I also am sort of cutting myself some slack when necessary. I think that is helping me stay on course a little bit. If I end up 95% compliant I'll be happy, even it I only reap 95% of the benefits of a perfect plan.

thanks everyone, and good luck! I'm on day 5 and it's just starting to get difficult for me. :)
  • praxisproject
    praxisproject Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If you're only on Day 5, you can always just add 5 more days and start again :)