Yummy and healthy snacks as well as a helpful tip!

Options
mlangevin5
mlangevin5 Posts: 12 Member
If you're like me, I have moments during the day at work where I have the urge to snack! Don't give in! The average food craving lasts for a total of 5 minutes and I know all of you are strong enough to get through it and reach your goals! Next time you have a craving, have a bottle of water handy. Drink an 8 oz. cup of cold water. This will not only subside your hunger pain and trick your brain to think you are full, you are also one step closer to getting the amount of water we should all have a day. I also add a little bit of lemon juice in my bottled water to give it a nice summery taste :-)

BUT if you must have a snack, ditch the bad food drawer you have at your desk and throw that right away and fill it with healthy snacks in a little cooler bag or refridgerator nearby.

I went to a Bridal Show this previous weekend and found something I had to share, it sounds like a weird combo but it is DELICIOUS! Buy the precut or cut up watermelon into squares. Sprinkle feta cheese with a little bit of balsamic vingegar and top it with a pinch of basil. This snack is good for you due to the amount of water that is in watermelon.

For those who need the taste of cookie dough since licking the bowl is out of the question to reach our goals, Special K makes these 100 calorie white blonde brownie bites that taste almost exactly like eating cookie dough. It's just enough to get your fix of cookie dough or sweets and only 100 calories, hooray! Just one bag girls.....no cheating!

Lastly, to mix protein and high water vegetables together for a snack, apples and low fat peanut butter or garlic and herb goat cheese with celery sticks. Both apples and celery are what we like to call, reverse calorie foods. It takes more energy in the body to break these foods down then to consume them so you are actually burning calories while eating, score 2 for us!

I will update this section as I come across more healthy snacks to hold us over, ENJOY!