Been on IP diet two weeks...going good but....need advice

Im doing great on the diet but i feel like i have a uti. But dont. Anyone else exp this? Any advice to help...its so annoying!!! Im drinking a ton of water!!!! Thank you;)

Replies

• angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Im doing great on the diet but i feel like i have a uti. But dont. Anyone else exp this? Any advice to help...its so annoying!!! Im drinking a ton of water!!!! Thank you;)

Ummm.....I'm not really sure anything done on Ideal would have anything to do with a UTI....Especially if you're drinking a ton of water. You may have some bowel movement changes due to dietary changes but I don't think it would have any effect on your urinary tract.

My best advice would be to go to an urgent care center or something to have your urine checked. You don't want to leave a UTI untreated because it can turn into a full blown kidney infection which is a WHOLE other issue you don't want to deal with....And MUCH more expensive than an Urgent Care visit.
  • FatIsNotGood4Me
    FatIsNotGood4Me Posts: 45 Member
    Please go to your doctor, IP doesn't have anything to do with UTI, it does have to do constipation though for some people, eating all veggies specially broccoli helps a lot to fight constipation.
  • axgman
    axgman Posts: 9
    You don't say what your specific symptoms are. It might have something to do with entering ketosis, but you should definitely get checked out. Be sure to tell the doc about your diet.