Color Me Rad 5K

Options
laural007
laural007 Posts: 251 Member
Hello! I just signed up for the CMR race in April. I'm very excited but also very nervous about training for it. I have never been a fan of running. My lungs hurt, my sides hurt, I breathe funny. I'm hoping that the C25K will be a great motivator and help push me towards finishing the race in a decent time. Anyone one else starting the C25K and want to buddy up with me?

Replies

• kaji13
    kaji13 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm signed up too!! Hartford? There are 5 of us on a team :D I'm so excited, I've always wanted to do one of these color runs!

I was in exactly the same position as you, and I will swear by c25k. I did XC in high school but always hated it because of all the reasons you listed, but I think I was always trying to go too fast, too far, too quickly. c25k really eased me into it and I absolutely love running now.

You'll do great, I know it! Just signing up for a race is a HUGE deal, I'm proud of you!
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the encouragment! I'm really excited and I figured if I sign up and pay the fee I have no excuses to not participate :)