Stop Making Excuses

Options
I have a bad habit of making excuses for everything that I do wrong instead of changing my ways. I am going to take up your challenge and spend the next 21 days breaking this habit!

Replies

• L8dyJ
    L8dyJ Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I will join with you on this one because I have a habit of doing the same thing. So all excuses stops now.
  • Anmariee
    Anmariee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I agree with both of you...This is the best habit to break and excuses come in many forms. My goal is to break the cycle of excuses as well. Cheers to both of you ladies and everyone else who chooses to break this habit.
  • Loralea43
    Loralea43 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I applaud you three for your simple choice and I wish you success. :) I'll support you in any way I can. I, too, want to keep this simple, focused, and succeed within 21 days.

Some of my self talk has been toxic subsequent to trauma I experienced a few years ago. I think a part of me had given up and a part of me labeled myself as a result of what happened. These were not choices I made, but they adversely affected me. It's time to let the lingering effect go away. I don't want to give up on any part of me or this life. I want to be the very best I can be.

To turn my thinking around and change my self talk I'm going to listen to a CD/DVD series that is three weeks long. i commit to do the exercises that accompany the series and be diligent about this to literally 'change my mind'. :D