breaking habits are hard.

Options
lcdreams
lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
this is a great group. i'll give it a try and hope i can stay on track. my habits with food keep me from losing weight.
it goes along with my husband who is going to start this weekend to try to stop smoking. my really bad habits i want to try to break are: candy and doughnuts. i tend to sneak them, which really creeps me out.
Sooooooooo, for the next 21 days no candy or doughnuts. i think just that will help out tremendously. if i think of something else this weekend i'll add it.

Replies

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    how'd you do?

i know what you mean about sneaking bad foods. i've had the bad habit of doing that too. it's one i'll be working to break these 21 days myself. so far, so good :)
  • lcdreams
    lcdreams Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    so far so good. this am i stopped at food store before going to the gym and i didn't buy any snacks!
    i was going to stop and get lottery tix after gym but didn't because i knew temptation would be there - especially because it's snowing...
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    I think this is more common then we think. I also do this, but just with chocolate (that's my vise!) I keep a secret stash at home so my 21 days of breaking bad habits is to eliminate this which in turn will help with sugar addiction. I'm not 100% sure if it's a sugar additction or a need for seratonin this time of the year, but either way sugar is NOT good for you and I want to reduce my daily consumption. My stash is down to one of my most favorite chocolate bars (from Canada) that I can't get here, so I won't be eating it anytime soon!