I black out when food is around me.

Options
Uhm, so this is my problem - I will do good all day, stay at my Calorie limit for the day but then when something "delicious" is in front of me (like last night it was my BF's hamburger helper), I don't think, I feel like I'm essentially blacking out and I just eat, eat and eat! It's other worldly sometimes. :/ I don't know how to get a grip on this problem; it's what's really holding me back from losing weight the way I should be. Thanks for any advice.

Stay strong.

Replies

• nadinebl
    Options
    Yes, that's me too. It's like I go into la-la land and just eat. I haven't found the magic bullet to stop myself yet, but one thing I've noticed is that once I'm "in" there is no stopping. So perhaps the trick is to avoid going "in" there. So, maybe figuring it out how I get there? I don't know. I have noticed that as long as I keep logging, it seems that the more I log everything, the shorter the duration of the "black out". And if I can switch to protein (for me it's usually a white-carb thing), that seems to help, too. Okay, I'm just rambling here....
  • reklawn
    reklawn Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too. I'll do great all day and then I get bored around 7 and it's all down hill. I'm trying to work on it because I know if I eat one small thing and force myself to lay down it will pass, but it takes 40 minutes of frustration :(