Starting Monday 1/28/13

Options
2»

Replies

• Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I started on the same day. However I sprained my ankle after doing cardio 1. I still would like to continue the program. Any suggestions?

Ice your ankle before and after and just modify the program so you can take it easier during the cardio portions of the dvds. Good luck!
  • gatorgirly413
    gatorgirly413 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I started on the same day. However I sprained my ankle after doing cardio 1. I still would like to continue the program. Any suggestions?

Did you actually sprain it or did you tweak it? If you sprained it, that is a serious injury and should be seen by a doctor. They will tell you sprains take longer to heal than breaks, and might even brace or splint your ankle or give you crutches.

If you tweaked it, then I'm sure it's probably still quite painful, but keep walking a little more each day and RICE-ing (resting, icing, compressing, and elevating) afterward. Continue this until the pain subsides. I would not recommend trying to do any of the cardio intervals when you are in actual physical pain (burning muscles doesn't count, as this is good "pain").

Alas, I'm not a doctor so do what you will. I'm just someone who has tweaked, sprained, and broken both of my ankles at least a dozen times combined.
  • UpNorthMama
    UpNorthMama Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I too did cardio 1 for the first time today and was surprised at how good of a workout it was. I'm used to running and doing my elliptical and was worried it wouldn't be challenging enough but it sure was! Loving this program so far and excited to see the results!

It looks like we started on the same day. Best of luck to you!

Thanks, same to you! I am sore but just finished day 4 and it went well. :smile:
  • almilner
    Options
    Just finished workout 1! Went by so fast, I was done before I knew it. Might need to get lighter weights for the shoulder stuff, 6 pounders are a bit much!
  • anusiri
    Options

Did you actually sprain it or did you tweak it? If you sprained it, that is a serious injury and should be seen by a doctor. They will tell you sprains take longer to heal than breaks, and might even brace or splint your ankle or give you crutches.

If you tweaked it, then I'm sure it's probably still quite painful, but keep walking a little more each day and RICE-ing (resting, icing, compressing, and elevating) afterward. Continue this until the pain subsides. I would not recommend trying to do any of the cardio intervals when you are in actual physical pain (burning muscles doesn't count, as this is good "pain").

Alas, I'm not a doctor so do what you will. I'm just someone who has tweaked, sprained, and broken both of my ankles at least a dozen times combined.

Thanks for the advise. I think I only tweaked my ankle as I can walk normally with some pain. The icing really helped. I will follow RICE-ing and start over next week, but will be careful when doing the cardio intervals
  • chefmiyabi
    chefmiyabi Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started on jan. 28th too! I was doing the 7 day Kick-Start your metabolism plan for the first 5 days. But I mis-cooked some food, and didn't like a lot of it, so today is my first day back to just normal healthy eating. But I lost 4 lbs during those 5 days, which is both exciting and a little scary!
  • ucfbyrd
    Options
    Did you ladies weigh in today after kickstart week? I'm super excited and pumped about my results Lost 5.2 lbs and 1.4% body fat. Normally I struggle really hard to lose just 1-2 lbs. Jillian knows what she is doing! :smile:
  • Paris8009
    Options
    I started on Thursday 1/31 so I'm a few days behind you guys but close enough! I'm on Day 5, I'm doing the kickstart workouts, but not the diet plan. Just sticking to my normal healthy eating and restricted calories. I'm sore but it feels good! Glad to find this group to help me stay accountable :)
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I let my husband watch me workout today. Didn't have a choice! LOL! And I was very surprised he didn't laugh!:laugh: Anyhoo I did week 2 workout 2. Then I did 1/2 hour of my elliptical until my son woke up.
  • UpNorthMama
    Options
    I let my husband watch me workout today. Didn't have a choice! LOL! And I was very surprised he didn't laugh!:laugh: Anyhoo I did week 2 workout 2. Then I did 1/2 hour of my elliptical until my son woke up.

Awesome job! I did the exact workout today..week 2 workout 2 and then a half hour on my elliptical. I'm a little worried though because a week from Friday we leave on a week long cruise. I'll be missing week 4 so I'll just have to stay active on my vacation and start back where I left off when I return. I just hope I don't lose my momentum!
  • jstone62
    Options
    How is everyone entering the excercise on this. I'm on Phase 1. I want to enter my exercise but I search for Jillian Michaels and it can't find anything. I'm just wondering how everyone else is logging it.
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    How is everyone entering the excercise on this. I'm on Phase 1. I want to enter my exercise but I search for Jillian Michaels and it can't find anything. I'm just wondering how everyone else is logging it.

I log mine as aerobic exercise and then just put in the calories I burned according to my heart rate monitor. Good luck!
  • Lisa1971
    Options

Awesome job! I did the exact workout today..week 2 workout 2 and then a half hour on my elliptical. I'm a little worried though because a week from Friday we leave on a week long cruise. I'll be missing week 4 so I'll just have to stay active on my vacation and start back where I left off when I return. I just hope I don't lose my momentum!

Great job! I did the cardio portion today. Got up at 6am and of course my 3 year old son was up at 6:05!:grumble: :noway: So I did the cardio with him sitting there going "What are you doing mommy? Why? Why are you jumping around? Why? I need to poop mommy. Can I have some juice? What are you doing mommy? Why?"

I can't wait until he starts pre school next month so I can get my workout done in PEACE! LOL!
  • hamilshiz
    Options
    I started JMBR on Monday 2/4/13 I was worried that it wouldn't be challenging enough for me because I did P90X. I am here to tell you that Jillian put together a great program that will challenge pretty much anyone. I love that it is only 30 minutes! It fits into my busy life schedule much easier. Good Luck to all!!
  • UpNorthMama
    Options

Great job! I did the cardio portion today. Got up at 6am and of course my 3 year old son was up at 6:05!:grumble: :noway: So I did the cardio with him sitting there going "What are you doing mommy? Why? Why are you jumping around? Why? I need to poop mommy. Can I have some juice? What are you doing mommy? Why?"

I can't wait until he starts pre school next month so I can get my workout done in PEACE! LOL!

Way to still get it done this morning! I have a 3 year old son too and he asks the same questions, I can totally relate!! :laugh:
  • Lisa1971
    Options

Way to still get it done this morning! I have a 3 year old son too and he asks the same questions, I can totally relate!! :laugh:

OMG that is tooooo funny! My son thinks that crunches mean it's time to jump on mommy!:noway: :laugh:
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    Started week 3 today. LOVE the workout! I want it to be even harder though!